Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have connected the little Acewell to my bike, ordered with a new temperature sender and adapter. With the new adapter and instrument do I need the 7V regulator up front anymore? It's the Murray updated one, installed by previous owner.

·
Super Moderator
20,355 Posts
Wait for an answer from someone that has installed one but I think the answer is no, you won't need the 7 volt reg.

I think I have the same acewell on a CX I have here, but it came here half built and still sits exactly as it arrived. IE - I didn't wire it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! All input is appreciated :)
I guess the loose ends of the wires needs to be cut, connected or something else?

·
Super Moderator
20,355 Posts
It has a black wire in. This is switched 12 volt from the key switch. If you don't need this power supply terminate it or cap it off as a spare.

The green and yellow wires belong to the 7 volt reg and will just be removed with the reg.

If the 7 volt reg is required the yellow connects to the instrument supplying said 7 volts.

The green is simply a ground.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot, I'll use the black wire for the instrument backlight I guess. Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
20,355 Posts
The instrument back light will be on all the time the key is turned on if you do that.

Another choice is tapping into the bikes blue/white or one of the brown wires. The blue/white will bring the instrument lights on with the headlight and I think the brown will too. Not sure about the brown ....

A test light or multi meter will tell you which goes live in which switch position.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's mandatory to have daylight running lights on at all times here in Norway anyway, so the headlamp is always on. Since I'm relocating the battery and running a smaller battery I was thinking about leds all around to lover the overall pull.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts