Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! This is my first post. I live in Canada and bought a CX500C (+ parts bike) in October. This forum has helped me meet NipponGreen who has been friendly and a great resource! This forum has been great in finding answers to questions too.

So, I was wondering if people would share where they've installed their 5v regulator+green LED hack and what they've used as a container. Has anyone fit everything back into the original housing? Bonus points for photos!

I bought my bike with a busted temp gauge and not knowing exactly how to fix it, I was glad to see that the fix was so simple. I even found 5x 7505 regulators and 15x green LEDs for $5 after shipping from a Canadian eBay seller (Montréal based, I think).

Insipired by the guy who fit the circuit into a patch kit box, I fit everything into a 35mm film container and placed it in the headlight nacelle. Will probably add a heatsink to it but so far it works fine. Have a look and share your own photos:

Glass

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yes, you can fit them into the original housing
Carefully pry out the old filler material and remove guts. when making the new regulator keeping it as compact as possible it will fit quite easily in to the plastic case than fill remaining space with epoxy
I left the led showing so you can see the green light when it's working

These actually work well have been using this one for more than 2 years, cost about 2.50 each to make

1 - 2 of 2 Posts