Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm fine with the design alone.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sees like 99% of the problems are related to that stupid 7V regulator module. In the past we ignored it or made do with this circuit: http://www.innoengr.com/CX500/7805_reg_circuit.jpg

Call me an idiot or just a friend of the community but I improved on this and am selling all the parts including a copy of this for $5 postage paid to the USA, $8 for two kits, Inquire for any other destination but it seems only be $1 more to anywhere: http://www.innoengr.com/CX500/regulstor_assembly.doc

No, I'm not making any money on this so I can't call this shameless advertising. I've only got 22 of the ICs left so left so you best get in on it if you're interested. They quit making the true 7807 years ago but there's still some out there and I will snatch a few more if interest picks up. From what the manufacturer told me they don't intend on making any more.

You'll get top quality brand new hand tested parts as I realize most are unfamiliar with building electronic circuitry but it isn't that hard and I'm usually right here to help.

Only reason I put a poll on this is to anticipate demand so I can makes sure I don't run out of components and the thing that hit me so hard was those darn bubble wrap envelopes because since I'm including the heat sink the postal system will smash them if they are simple envelopes.

Shoot, these have been used on almost every Honda from 1983 - up and were also used on the true GoldWings not only for the temp but also the fuel gauge.

·
Registered
782 Posts
It sees like 99% of the problems are related to that stupid 7V regulator module. In the past we ignored it or made do with this circuit: http://www.innoengr.com/CX500/7805_reg_circuit.jpg

Call me an idiot or just a friend of the community but I improved on this and am selling all the parts including a copy of this for $3.50 postage paid to the USA, inquire for any other destination: http://www.innoengr.com/CX500/regulstor_assembly.doc

No, I'm not making any money on this so I can't call this shameless advertising. I've only got 22 of the ICs left so left so you best get in on it if you're interested. They quit making the true 7807 years ago but there's still some out there and I will snatch a few more if interest picks up. From what the manufacturer told me they don't intend on making any more.

You'll get top quality brand new hand tested parts as I realize most are unfamiliar with building electronic circuitry but it isn't that hard and I'm usually right here to help.

Only reason I put a poll on this is to anticipate demand so I can makes sure I don't run out of components and the thing that hit me so hard was those darn bubble wrap envelopes because since I'm including the heat sink the postal system will smash them if they are simple envelopes.

I haven't figured out my total costs yet and may have to raise the deal to $4 or $5 but thats less than you'd pay just for just the shipping much less he price of the parts.
Yes, please reserve one for me. My reg is ok now but it wouldn't hurt to be prepared. Let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hit the poll so I can count, Now that I've found a decent supplier for the envelopes I want I don't want to run out of stock on stuff.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Is this something you made that one could just simply replace the old regulator with...just plug and play, take the old one out, put this in and wallah ??

If so I'll buy one right now....no problems with the original on mine but I'll hold it for the future.

Sending Email

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Heya Marshall, Still have any of these kits available? If so I'll take one, as I have to put a whole new one on my beast. Somehow it isn't there at all. Let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plenty of kits still in stock. Note that my PayPal isn't the same as listed on here (remove spaces) mmwhynot @ sbcglobal .net I take quid, bob, money orders or rupees for that matter, just PM me for my mailing address.

Due the originally estimated cost of proper shipping supplies and the post office wanting more since they're considered to be a hand cancellable only package they are now $6.50 or $8.50 for two kits.

Seems like I'm making about 50¢ a kit now not counting packing time, printing costs on one of my laser printers and luckily the local Post Office is just up the street so gasoline isn't too bad. Demand was large enough I had to re-order another batch of parts.

In the kit you'll receive the instruction sheets and these parts: http://www.innoengr.com/CX500/7V_reg_kit_components.jpg Earned enough so far I've been able buy that extra grow light for my Orchids, Gardenia bushes and my prized Retama tree that still needs a lot of breaking in before it will hard to grow this far North. I could use another 175W MH fixture and at $80 they aren't inexpensive. They sure put out the light though.Two tiny HPS lamps, 4ea 5K and 2ea 6.5K fluorescent are all they had last year.

At least it's for a good cause instead of profit.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I bought a pair of the 7V regulator kits for my CX500. The kits arrived quickly and were well packed with the Regulator wrapped in foil along with very good quality (I used to be in the electronic manufacturing components business a few decades ago) capacitors and resistors.

Marshall's a stand up guy.

So, now I need to pull out the soldering iron and electronics solder and fabricate a kit to replace the failed Vregulator on my bike.

David

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
revised

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
revised, no way to delete posts?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The tiny components aren't resistors, they're 0.1 uF caps to prevent potential oscillaton of the regulator IC. Very low ESR Kemet ceramics and hermitally sealed unlike most most other ceramics.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Marshall,

May I suggest you put a photograph up of the parts and ID each part so people can see what they are getting.

Those Kemet ceramic capacitors are very nice...apologies as I glanced at the baggie of parts when it arrived and haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet. Figured the 7807 would need an R-C circuit...

You can't source your own parts for this circuit cheaper than Marshall is offering them as you'd pay more in shipping from any supplier you can't walk up to a counter and order. Those are getting harder to find, much less as well stocked as they would need to be for this selection of parts, IMHO.

David

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
Marshall, you can't delete posts, but you can edit them. If you want one deleted, you need to probably PM one of the Mods of the ones you want deleted. Or edit it to say "delete this". To edit, view your own post, then scroll down to the bottom right corner and use the edit button.

Joel in the Couve.

*edited to add quotation marks*

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Marshall,

May I suggest you put a photograph up of the parts and ID each part so people can see what they are getting.

Those Kemet ceramic capacitors are very nice...apologies as I glanced at the baggie of parts when it arrived and haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet. Figured the 7807 would need an R-C circuit...

You can't source your own parts for this circuit cheaper than Marshall is offering them as you'd pay more in shipping from any supplier you can't walk up to a counter and order. Those are getting harder to find, much less as well stocked as they would need to be for this selection of parts, IMHO.

David
Will do when I get to feeling a bit better, I'm on a pain of about 8.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I still have plenty of these in stock if anyone needs one.

Variable speed fan controller project is getting much closer, almost a month deaing with the Dr's and hospitals this month put another kink in getting things finalized and I really need to get them done as I'm going to need one for my bike before I put it back on the road since I already converted it to an electric fan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts