Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 4 wire ignition switch to try and update the bikes ignition switch and have less key positions does anyone know what i can do with the green wire or with the black and white?(isolate,connect them to another color)?

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
The Green and Black with White wires are what let the key switch shut off the engine. They need to be connected to a set of contacts which are connected to each other with the key in the off position. The Brown and Brown with White could be connected directly to each other and not switched by the key switch AFAIK.

·
Super Moderator
21,152 Posts
If stock CDI the kill at the key switch needs to be functional or the bike won't shut down from the key.

If aftermarket 12 volt system is used the kill at the key switch no longer needs to function as the bike will shut down when the power is cut.

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
Agreed. More information from the OP would be helpful. He did ask the same question in a different tread.

·
Super Moderator
21,152 Posts
I suggest he map his switch and see what is live in which switch position. If one of the 4 terminals is a ground {or potentially so] the kill could be made to function.

the thingy uses a 4 wire switch and mapping showed the kill could have been made to work but wasn't required with the raesan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts