Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read through a lot of posts on this, and I think the internals of the horn are either corroded or shot. I disconnected the horn, probed both wires to the horn, hit the button and registered 11.7 or so volts...so I confirmed the switch and ground loop are ok.

I have my endorsement road test coming in a couple of weeks, and part of that is a 'street-legal' bike, one of which whose horn works.

Has anyone ever flooded or dunked the horn in say electronics cleaner? I know they are available for 6 or so bucks...just wondering is all.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
It's been tried but most bike dealers have an exact replacement generic horn for about the same price and they're easily twice as loud as the stocker ever was.

I've got one and they look like they were made by the same company that made the originals - physically they look and mount identically.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha...well I swiped the horn from the 1972 CB350K3 I am working on...all street legal for my road test on the 25th.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.