Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I get a kick out of the "one owner" ads when they say they acquired the bike from the original owner. That make it a two owner bike.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've dealt with these guys and been to their place on many occasions. Good bunch. They seek out old low milage bikes and go thru most of them and sell. I'm not vouching for anything stated in the ad, just my personal experiences. They also sell vintage bike parts for those in need . They will be mounting tires on my silverwing next month. They did my nighthawk 700s tires for 25 bucks each

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Seller is a dealer so the “one owner “ claim is legit IMO.
Surely the dealer owns the bike. By the way, while my comment was inspired by this ad, it applies to many ads by dealers and private individuals.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That bike is gorgeous in my eyes. I wish I could buy it. Even though the tires are probably old with good tread, it still looks like a good deal.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Surely the dealer owns the bike. By the way, while my comment was inspired by this ad, it applies to many ads by dealers and private individuals.
The title is never put in the dealer's name so therefore it is a one owner bike, or at least the dealer never "owned it" whether the dealer is an individual or a commercial dealer. It would cost someone an additional $100 in my state if I put every bike I flip in my name, so I never title or license the bike to me unless I plan on riding it myself. Instead the bike is in my possession only with the right to title it if I wanted to do so.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I thrilled my senses by purchasing my first motorcycle.
Choice was the 1978 CX500. As close as a child at times.
Oh budget one doth fail me again . . . . .

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I stopped by the shop once and they had a whole herd of water buffalo (water cooled Suzuki triple 2-stokes) standing in the showroom. Most of them didn't have price tags on them but a few did. I asked why they didn't have prices on them and the salesman told me they had prices at one time but the owner took them off. I asked if he had a change of heart and wanted to keep them for his own collection. The salesman said the owner will first try to sell them locally but if they don't sell he'll put them on the net and usually sell them as a package deal to someone overseas. Kind of a bummer those cool old bikes leaving the country...

As a side note, that shop has now become a Royal Enfield dealer as well as carrying and repairing vintage cycles.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just had these guys mount and balance my gl650 tires today. They still have this cx in showroom. Got to check it out while they got me done. Damn near mint bike from what I saw. Took a couple pics 20200214_151907.jpg 20200214_151849.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts