Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my last post caused quite a stir, hope this is more politically correct for the mods and readers...

I rode my 1979 CX500 Deluxe from Seattle through the north borders (ND, Minnesota, wisconsin, Michigan, NY, and down into Mississippi) About 300 miles from my destination (New Orleans), something went "clunk!" and I drifted to the side of the freeway, ended up walking her 4 miles to a nearby truck-stop. It's still there (hopefully, but am pretty sure it's there).

I'm looking for knowledgeable CX500-lers to help me A- fix the cam chain tensioner( means pulling the engine, I believe), B- pick up the bike In Mississippi, C- Store it somewhere until it is either fixed or sold...

I love the bike, but If it costs more than a few hundred to fix it, I'll have to cut my losses and sell it for parts. (only paid 900 for it, put upwards of 30,000 miles on it over three years) It has a brand new rear and front tire, H-Box, etc. etc., has been well maintained, it's only this Cam Chain Tensioner and the engine pull that concerns me.

Anyone interested in A- helping me retrieve the bike (will pay for gas and time, 600 miles round trip NOLA to Grenada MS 38902), B- storage C-Repair D- Parts bike purchase? (will pay cash fro all of the above, except for "D")

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If you had this problem in ND you would be welcome in my shop/garage. If you pass this way again I have a warm bed and cold beer. Best wishes getting it fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no offense, but I'd rather pick it up myself and either try to fix it, part it out or sell it whole (i think parting it out would bring more $, but I'm not greedy, just wanna do whats right). Stay tuned for good 79 cx500d parts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.