Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the delay with pics... I decided to remove the little quarter fairing because of all the other cool bikes that didn't have one. It makes it look slightly more sinister I think... Still have some tweaking to do before final break down for paint/polish. I'm working on fabing an upswept mid pipe and will probably opt for something a little bit quieter than the Mac muffler - Woodstock must have ruined my ears...

I love a bike with an attractive rear end...

I was a little worried that my fab for the gear shift would be a little rickety - I've done a good 500 miles and it's still rock solid - keeping my finers crossed...

Got a little creative with the break peddle - cut the stock one off and inserted a twisted section of .5" aluminum round - then inserted a rubber coating. Very comfortable and extremely light weight.

I'm very stoked over the instrument cluster - I love the Veypor speedo/tach - still working on the program for gear shift indicator. This is a fraction of the weight of the original instruments and you can eliminate all the cable crap you need to deal with. As far as accuracy - the speedo is within 1 mph of my GPS.

A close up of the rear end just because...

Left profile - she's just showing off now... Still trying to decide whether I want the front fender or not - I'd probably go without except I hate the idea of 2 screw slots sticking out. Would have eliminated them but they are too deep into fork...

Little sparkle on that final gear - nice legs need some jewelry...

Hope this gives you guys some ideas - like I said - wealth of info on this website. How did we ever do stuff like this without the internet - ride save!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Looks great man! What taillights are those? What fairing was on it?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
That dash is pissed! I love it. It screams home brew but in a good way. Very industrial. Also like the pegs.

The touch of gold is nice, not overdone.

A suggestion for your front fender; if you are uncertain about it, why not just make a sort of fork brace with hole punched metal to match the other items? I'm thinking a band of about 2 inches wrapping from screw hole to screw hole over and around the tire. It would barely be noticed but still add to the theme I think. Plus it would help keep those forks straight!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tail section came from Airtech-streamlining.com - I fab'd a wooden frame and shaped a 3" dense foam pad and had it professionally covered by an upolstery shop here in Dallas. I'm still waffling over color - probably platinum body work with dark blue stripes and matching dark blue frame.

I appreciate the comments regarding the front fender - it already has a fork brace as I wanted to keep those skinny legs as stable as possible...

·
Registered
390 Posts
The tail section came from Airtech-streamlining.com - I fab'd a wooden frame and shaped a 3" dense foam pad and had it professionally covered by an upolstery shop here in Dallas. I'm still waffling over color - probably platinum body work with dark blue stripes and matching dark blue frame.

I appreciate the comments regarding the front fender - it already has a fork brace as I wanted to keep those skinny legs as stable as possible...

Nice, thanks for the lead. Lots of good stuff there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts