Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I have a 79 cx500 custom with a windjammer that recently got wrecked. Instead of sticking with the busted up windjammer I've decided just remove it and replace it with a headlight and turn signals. So I picked up some turn signals (with the brackets) for a 79 but I can't seem to figure out how to get them mounted and wired. Is there anyone that can help? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,336 Posts
If you have stock turn signals connect the same color wires.

But if you like the vetter maybe you should replace it. Craigslist has tons.

·
Super Moderator
4,069 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas I got it all put together and wired now my issues are the front left signal. It turns on a second after everything else and occasionally cuts out although it does always work. Also the high beams on the headlight work but the low beams are no beams and I have no idea why that is. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
4,069 Posts
Have you checked the headlight bulb? How are the turn signals grounded, especially the left signal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the new new signals are grounded the same as the rear ones were before the windjammer came off and I already checked the bulb that vein said there are some green and brown wires that don't have anything running to them.

·
Super Moderator
4,069 Posts
On Hondas Green wires are grounds. Did you have to cut wires to remove the windjammer? A photo of the connections to your turn signal and headlight may help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts