Honda CX 500 Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Brilliant job Axelsaul....just simply brilliant!!!!

Huge respect!

Your bike looks awesome!
Thank you! I am very proud, it's been almost two years of hard work. The most difficult part of the job was to find all the parts needed. I found very few in my country, a lot of things I bought from ebay, david silver, and whenever any friend or relative went abroad. For example the plastic emblems that go on the rims...I bought them on ebay but seller didn't send to Argentina so I sent them to a friend that was in LA for holidays

Still finishing up some details but the bike runs great

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Wow ambitious and pricey project.

This must be a keeper.

I sort my bikes into 3 classes.

1.Parts

2.Ordinary/users/beaters/sellers

3.Keepers ......the one or 2 to be passed on to

a deserving party in my will.
Can I be added to your will for the class 3 keeper bike(s)??? :D

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Axel,

Loved the build pics and the job you did on the restoration! Its so nice to see a restoration build on the forum, they seem to be rare as hens teeth! :D Liked the Daytona Special in the background as well, I used to have an RD400 and wish i still did.

Cheers and safe riding!

Reactions: axelsaul

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks! Still a work in progress. I just finished installing a Rae San full kit, new handlebar more similar to the stock one, and trying to sort what to do with the tank. It had a new liner inside but it was not done correctly so now it is peeling off. I will try with acetone but it is hard to find here, I don't know how concentrated it has to be to dissolve all the epoxy inside.

The Daytona Special was my cousin's. He just sold it. Very fun bike to drive!

·
Registered
1978 CX500
8 Posts
Thanks! Still a work in progress. I just finished installing a Rae San full kit, new handlebar more similar to the stock one, and trying to sort what to do with the tank. It had a new liner inside but it was not done correctly so now it is peeling off. I will try with acetone but it is hard to find here, I don't know how concentrated it has to be to dissolve all the epoxy inside.

The Daytona Special was my cousin's. He just sold it. Very fun bike to drive!
Hello axelsaul. Hello from Australia.
I see in a forum discussion you pulled your motor down and found it had 0.50mm oversized pistons and that you were going up to the next level with 1mm oversize.
I am in need of 0.50mm left side piston. I know your post was a number of years ago but I thought that there might be a chance your old 0.50mm pistons are still in your shed somewhere. If you still have it I would be keen to buy it from you if it is still in an ok condition.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hello axelsaul. Hello from Australia.
I see in a forum discussion you pulled your motor down and found it had 0.50mm oversized pistons and that you were going up to the next level with 1mm oversize.
I am in need of 0.50mm left side piston. I know your post was a number of years ago but I thought that there might be a chance your old 0.50mm pistons are still in your shed somewhere. If you still have it I would be keen to buy it from you if it is still in an ok condition.
Give me a couple of days, they must be somewhere. I will let you know as soon as I find them.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts