Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been browsing around and notice more variations than expected what is official

1) us obviously has the silver wheels, blak forks, and black final
2). I’ve seen euro with black forks, gold wheels, and silver final. Looks nice imo??
3). I’ve seen euro with gold forks, gold wheels, gold final
4). I’ve seen euro with gold forks, gold wheels, silver final

Did Honda put some of these together with misc parts laying around, LOL?

·
Registered
61 Posts
4 -it’s correct factory European version -colour

But I was wondering if there are any technical engine differences ,
as the throttle body it’s marked differently to US, and European country , there it’s a small stamp on throttle body near the sensor -I believe it’s maybe only to do with type of sensor used?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Been browsing around and notice more variations than expected what is official

1) us obviously has the silver wheels, blak forks, and black final
2). I’ve seen euro with black forks, gold wheels, and silver final. Looks nice imo
3). I’ve seen euro with gold forks, gold wheels, gold final
4). I’ve seen euro with gold forks, gold wheels, silver final

Did Honda put some of these together with misc parts laying around, LOL浪
John, what is a "black final"?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
typo. LOL

The older I get, the worse my eyes get.
Seriously, what part were you referring with the final, do you mean the rear drive? All of mine are the cast aluminum silver color. As to the parts mix, these bikes were pretty much all prototypes, when you make less than 2000 worldwide, it is easy to mix and match parts. Back in those days, everybody loved the gold accents the way Lotus did with their black and gold cars. Honda seemed to have liked the gold parts on their "Euro" bikes for a little extra bling.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seriously, what part were you referring with the final, do you mean the rear drive? All of mine are the cast aluminum silver color. As to the parts mix, these bikes were pretty much all prototypes, when you make less than 2000 worldwide, it is easy to mix and match parts. Back in those days, everybody loved the gold accents the way Lotus did with their black and gold cars. Honda seemed to have liked the gold parts on their "Euro" bikes for a little extra bling.
On the Microfiche, Final Driven Gear Assembly, Item #2 => GEAR ASSY., FINAL - 41300-ME7-000 This is Silver on the US model

1 - 6 of 6 Posts