Honda CX 500 Forum banner

650T Throttle Sensor

823 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  LRCXed 
#1 · (Edited)
Re-posted in the the Turbo section. Sorry about the confusion. I am trying to bring a clean CX650TC back to life. The fuel delivery issues are sorted out up to the injectors, which do not click. The dash and computer light up for a few seconds when the key is turned on, then go out as expected. The computer puts out the 5 volts to the throttle position sensor as required, but the sensor is sending 1.25 volts back to the computer all of the time, no matter what the throttle position. I pulled the unit off and manually moved the sensor arm, with no change in the output voltage. This tells me the sensor is NFG. Any thoughts? How scarce are they? Is a substitute available like the fuel pumps? Has anyone disassembled one to try and repair it? Thanks.

Just as a follow up, the wire colors in the manual are wrong, so I was testing the wrong component. Boy, do I feel dumb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.