Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend a set of clubmans possibly resembling race bars or clip ons for a 81 GL500 that is going cafe? I'm 6'3", and am concerned about being too cramped. Although, these Honda's weren't for tall people anyway.

Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm 6'3" and it will all depend on your seat setup. I have the cheapy clubmans from JCWhitney.com and they fit me fine on my bike, but my seat is dropped and set back a bit. The only way to tell for sure is to throw them on there and see if they fit you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone recommend a set of clubmans possibly resembling race bars or clip ons for a 81 GL500 that is going cafe? I'm 6'3", and am concerned about being too cramped. Although, these Honda's weren't for tall people anyway.

Thanks
I'm 6'3" and have clip ons mounted below the top triple. Very comfortable not too much pressure on the shoulders or wrists. My seat is much lower than stock. the clubmans will bring your hands lower and more forward which causes your neck to be tilted up. Something to consider is how long are your rides going to be, how good is your neck and do you want to trade comfort for looks. Best to do a good long ride before you commit to the new bars by shortening cables and what not.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to try the clip-ons, but am wondering if there are any that are recommended? What size?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.