Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
This bike is about 100 miles from me and I’m thinking about it. I bought a SilverWing Intestate a month ago and have it up and running nicely. The non-turbo units seem to have a lot of parts availability and reasonable priced too.

What should I be looking for in the Turbo and what might I expect? Any common problems with a low miles older bike like this running?

The man told me the miles showing are 5,500 and that it came from a one owner a couple of years ago. The current owner says he just has too many bike projects and needs the space.

·
Registered
658 Posts
This bike is about 100 miles from me and I’m thinking about it. I bought a SilverWing Intestate a month ago and have it up and running nicely. The non-turbo units seem to have a lot of parts availability and reasonable priced too.

What should I be looking for in the Turbo and what might I expect? Any common problems with a low miles older bike like this running?

The man told me the miles showing are 5,500 and that it came from a one owner a couple of years ago. The current owner says he just has too many bike projects and needs the space.

From the pictures I saw that he sent me it shouldn't look like it does with 5500 miles... It had to sit outside. The needles are totally faded and it looks very rough... Completely rebuild the brakes, cooling system, fuel system, etc..

PK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.