Honda CX 500 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yep. Sure did. And I missed it. Thanks guys. Freaked me out because I didn't see it until I was working on the injectors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am giving up on this one. It’s been soaking for two days. Can’t get it to free up. Anybody got one laying around that’s rebuildable? (American dollars available).

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Throw away the old shock, it's mess compared with the YSS shock. I replaced it a few years ago and the performance was stunning. It fits like a glove.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Throw away the old shock, it's mess compared with the YSS shock. I replaced it a few years ago and the performance was stunning. It fits like a glove.
I am using the YSS and very happy about it. Well worth the price and full adjustable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, I haven’t gotten as far as suspension yet. Currently waiting for injectors to be returned from Deatschwerks, and a master cylinder on the way. Need to run and stop first then I worry about suspension.

Had to pull the machine off the operating table. Had an emergency. Major clutch issues on the Vmax. A man’s gotta have his priorities you know. At least the timing was right while I’m waiting for parts.

C4614AE8-6A1D-4837-93BB-D6A8F4D0C510.jpeg

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am giving up on this one. It’s been soaking for two days. Can’t get it to free up. Anybody got one laying around that’s rebuildable? (American dollars available).
If you have not found a replacement take a dremel with a wire brush rotary wheel and get all that corrosion off there. Clean it up good - It will clean up - ask me how I know. That should expose the circlip. Then soak in mouse oil. Remove the circlip soak in mouse oil and eventually that will break free.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts