Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
CX500 Turbo, Suzuki GT750 fuel injected triple special, Triumph Tiger 1200, Beta 300RR
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike has just developed a misfire. Seems OK when cold but when warm, it badly misfires (like whole spark is cutting out for a split second) at around 4k.

I appreciate it could be a range of things but anything common to look for?

Fuel pump and filters are new. All sensors seem OK, at least when cold.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Possibility is that a sensor gets faulty when it becomes hot. Have had that with one of my Ne-sensor (speedsensor) Good readings when cold, no readings when hot
When the sensor get warm/hot it expance and the wiring could be disconnected inside. When cold it crimps and connect again. Worth trying.
So check all the sensors also the crankshaft sensor.
Did you check the ECU leds?

·
Registered
CX500 Turbo, Suzuki GT750 fuel injected triple special, Triumph Tiger 1200, Beta 300RR
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibility is that a sensor gets faulty when it becomes hot. Have had that with one of my Ne-sensor (speedsensor) Good readings when cold, no readings when hot
When the sensor get warm/hot it expance and the wiring could be disconnected inside. When cold it crimps and connect again. Worth trying.
So check all the sensors also the crankshaft sensor.
Did you check the ECU leds?
Good call. Thanks. I am about to start a quad bypass so will check them.....

·
Registered
635 Posts
When people complain about issues at 3-4K or below, I personally suspect the PB sensor needs to be replaced. Search for form for "SUZUKI SENSOR". If it is this issue, it is a well known and documented issue which many fix by replacing it with a SUZUKI sensor. I actually fixed my issue by swapping in a spare PB sensor I had and it solved the issue. Mine would sputter between 3-4K and run fine at high RPM. Sometimes when I pulled up for a stop, the bike would die.

JPS

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips guys, I will be stripping her soon so will get to the bottom of it 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts