Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a 650T near me ,havent seen it yet and have little discription other than it has been painted non stock color and is all there in decent shape. I have a 500T. It is high K`s but has a rebuild on the engine according to the previous owner. It has a nice paint job so looks great and runs well. My question is would those that have the 650 or both the 500 and 650 if given their choice prefer the 500 or 650 . I realize there are several factors involved here but is the 650 that much of an improvement in power,drivability,etc to justify sellng the 500. Of course I would like to have both but the wife has made it clear only one bike, I have too many other things on the go to get back into riding and owning several bikes like I used to. I`m allready over the one bike as I have a KTM dirt bike ( I told her they only count as a bike and a half) that I wont be getting rid of anytime soon so you can see Im pushing my luck even bringing up the 650 with her and would have to sell the 500 if I bought the 650. I think parts would be more of an issue with the 650? . Just looking for your thoughts from those that have experienced both.Thanks.

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
1,014 Posts
I have found a 650T near me ,havent seen it yet and have little discription other than it has been painted non stock color and is all there in decent shape. I have a 500T. It is high K`s but has a rebuild on the engine according to the previous owner. It has a nice paint job so looks great and runs well. My question is would those that have the 650 or both the 500 and 650 if given their choice prefer the 500 or 650 . I realize there are several factors involved here but is the 650 that much of an improvement in power,drivability,etc to justify sellng the 500. Thanks.
If it is close to you, take a drive over and ask him to test ride it. Go through all the agreements about who pays for what if you would wreck it and then test it out for yourself.

If not interested; let others here know.

·
Registered
845 Posts
You know that rush when you hit full boost? It's pretty much everywhere on the 650T. The 650T is a few pounds lighter than the 500 but the added torque and improved suspension make it feel much lighter.

On the other hand the 500T is Rolex quality and the 650T more like Timex. I get the feeling that Honda spared no expense on the 500T to prove a point while the 650T was expected to be a regular production bike where every penny mattered.

If I had to choose one of my CXTs the 500 would probably be the keeper.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I do love the 500 but more performance(both engine and suspension) is always welcome although its not everything,you make a good point about the 500 George. I`m not sure if the 650 is running so a test drive may not be an option. I guess I will have to have a look at the 650 and see what kind of shape its in, I do really want both so maybe I need to buy the wife something as well and start buttering her up.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Given the ultimate choice between a 500T or 650T,

as much as I love the 650T, if I absolutely had to choose, I'd pick the 500T also.

In the final analysis, there are a lot more parts available for the 500T, so it will be easier to keep on the road, where the 650T parts are already becoming unobtanium.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Decided to pass on the 650T,it is in Waterford Ontario if anybody is interested.The Gentleman has it on the Brantford Ontario kijiji site. Just passing this on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts