Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1980 CX500 Deluxe
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey group, it's been a while but with winter I can't drive, so I'm working on wiring. Got a new NUUT Marty unit and controls and putting on my bike to update the crusty wiring. Found an amazing website that sells short lengths of wire in whatever color you need. See photo. NUUT sent me a new wire diagram to coincide with their unit to match mine and I want to use the colors they provide instead of just buying 1 spool of black and labeling it. Tried to search the group for this site and didn't find anything about this site. Anyway, see photo, but for 10ft lengths of 10 different colors of 18g wire it's $23.95, and then I just need violet and light green so I bought those separate at 5ft length for $6.65 each, grand total of $37.25 for my new wiring diagram. I'm sure this would also work for the Motogadget M-unit rewiring if you want to update the old 80s wires. Also posting a new wire diagram for my bike from NUUT, so you have an idea of what's going on with those units. I'll be doing an amateur YouTube video when I get it all said and done and I'll be sure to post that as well.
Please note that this NUUT diagram is custom tailered to my own build based on what I already have on my bike and what hand controls I'm switching to, and if you buy from NUUT they will also build you a custom diagram.
Also I want to add a shout out to BJ English from Brick House Builds on YT for having wiring videos that had this site listed.
Font Parallel Number Paper product Paper

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Plan

·
Registered
CX500EC Eurosport 1982
81 Posts
I’ve bought a Nuut Morty unit for my Eurosport too; just waiting on a few Little’s bits and pieces before I do the install. I haven’t taken Nuut up on their offer of a wiring diagram and my install is not complicated and I’m ok with this stuff, although I have asked them a few q’s via email and they always reply and have been v patient with me so far. +1 for Brick House Builds, I follow him on YouTube, he does some good videos and has done a few cx / gl custom builds specifically. Good luck with your install. Cheers, Will

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Another option is to just buy one color of wire and label the ends with typed colors, or the name of the part. Do it in a small font and use clear shrink tubing to seal the label and the fitting. I use WireCare.com | Your Local Cable Management Superstore! for all of my wiring needs. Since my turbo 650 uses 12 basic colors and another 20+ colors with stripes, this is a much simpler approach.

Reactions: Tony P
1 - 3 of 3 Posts