Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attendees for the "3rd Canadian Honda CX/GL Rally Eh !!!" July 28th - Aug 2nd 2011.

Will be posted here:

Keith..............July 28th - Aug 2nd

Chris..............July 29th - Aug 1st...........(1) tent

Ashley.............July 29th - Aug 1st

Damien.............July 29th - Aug 1st...........(1) tent

Bill...............July 29th - Aug 1st

Maria..............July 29th - Aug 1st...........(1) tent

Nick...............July 29th - Aug 1st...........(1) tent

Nadira.............July 29th - Aug 1st...........(1) tent

John...............July 29th - Aug 1st...........(1) tent

Steve..(Cobram).July 29th - Aug 2nd...........(1) tent

Paul...............July 29th - Aug 2nd...........(1) tent

Camp info http://www.sleepycedarsfamilycamping.ca/

Pleased be advised that we DO get a reduced "group camping" rate,which will be posted ASAP

Motel accomodation recomended here: http://www.rideauheightsinn.com/

Please feel free to contact me for more info at: nippon_green(at)bell.net

All The Best...........Keith........... .........

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Keith, how does it work up North? Do you get to the border and just start riding around until you come across the event? Do you just ask anyone once you're over the border 'cause everyone knows what's going on anywhere?

Or is there an actual location involved, or do you keep that information (along with the secret Kanuck handshake) from non-Canadians. I'm surprised they let a Brit have it.

The campsite link doesn't work either.

A little more info aboot it, eh.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keith, how does it work up North? Do you get to the border and just start riding around until you come across the event? Do you just ask anyone once you're over the border 'cause everyone knows what's going on anywhere?

Or is there an actual location involved, or do you keep that information (along with the secret Kanuck handshake) from non-Canadians. I'm surprised they let a Brit have it.

The campsite link doesn't work either.

A little more info aboot it, eh.

Cobram,

All the links work...........NOW.......

Basically the rally is held over our Canadian "Civic Holiday" long weekend.

It is a very laid back affair, with ride outs discussed among attendees, normally over the evening campfire or during breakfast

The first two rallies myself,Chris,Bill and Maria supplied ALL the food for a meager fee per meal/feast(breakfast + Supper)we ate out at lunch during our ride outs.

Due to the amount of food/money that gets wasted by the end of the weekend,we have decided that attendees supply there own food and we will supply ALL the cooking/eating requirements.

(propane stoves,coolers,pots,pans,cups,utensils etc)

A large grocery store and beer store are located within 10mins of the campsite in the small town of Manotick.

Here are some pics of the 1st Canadian Honda CX/GL Rally EH !!!

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/... Canadian CX GL Rally 09/?albumview=slideshow

All The Best...........Keith......

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Attendees for the "3rd Canadian Honda CX/GL Rally Eh !!!" July 28th - Aug 2nd 2011.

Will be posted here:

Keith..............July 28th - Aug 2nd

Chris..............July 29th - Aug 1st...........(1) tent

Ashley.............July 29th - Aug 1st

Damien.............July 29th - Aug 1st...........(1) tent

Bill...............July 29th - Aug 1st

Maria..............July 29th - Aug 1st...........(1) tent

Nick...............July 29th - Aug 1st...........(1) tent

Nadira.............July 29th - Aug 1st...........(1) tent

Phil...............July 29th - Aug 2nd...........(1) tent

John...............July 29th - Aug 1st...........(1) tent

Camp info http://www.sleepycedarsfamilycamping.ca/

Motel accomodation recomended here: http://www.rideauheightsinn.com/

Please feel free to contact me for more info at: nippon_green(at)rogers.com

All The Best...........Keith........... .........
Wow!!!

I just looked at the map of where the rally is! For some reason I thought it was in Nova Scotia! Not even close!

Seeing where it is I will try to come just to avoid going through Chicago on the way to the Amish Rally.

Don't count me in yet, but I will try to come if I can! I want to get at least one stamp on that passport that I bought several years ago!

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
You know Dave that would be a nice ride for you up through the U.P. and down into canada. And it shaves off something like 180 miles. Do you have canada maps on your GPS? I made sure mine had it before I got it. Just in case.

Don't forget to switch the voice over to canadian. Turn right eh. Recalculating, Recalculating.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I am planning on attending, I will start saving my pennies now for the trip. Need to get a passport too...Only 400 miles from me to the rally. And I don't have to go through Chicago!

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I am planning on attending, I will start saving my pennies now for the trip. Need to get a passport too...Only 400 miles from me to the rally. And I don't have to go through Chicago!

Seeing U-505 is worth the traffic mess. Not much else in Chi-Town these days, even the Pump Room is history this year.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

It will be nice to see you there Steve

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Seeing U-505 is worth the traffic mess. Not much else in Chi-Town these days, even the Pump Room is history this year.

I haven;t been to see U-505 since about 1964 or so...on a trip with the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps. One of the other highlights of the trip was eating tiny burgers at a White Castle.

BTW we have a WWII era sub here in Philadelphia, the SS Becuna which served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. My father in law served on subs in WWII, and has given tours of the SS Becuna and the Cruiser Olympia

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I haven;t been to see U-505 since about 1964 or so...on a trip with the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps. One of the other highlights of the trip was eating tiny burgers at a White Castle.

BTW we have a WWII era sub here in Philadelphia, the SS Becuna which served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. My father in law served on subs in WWII, and has given tours of the SS Becuna and the Cruiser Olympia

Steve, if you ever visit any of those ships make sure Phil is not in the group. He could have a flash-back and start taking the ship out to sea! I am sure he would be saying something about sinking some wimp democrats!!

Gene

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gene,

Are you just jealous that i'm a happy guy

I think i must be well blessed to have such a good understanding woman like Chris, even though she stated tonight, that i should change my avatar to "married to my bike"...LOL

All The best........keith..........

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I'm making plans and marking calendars (since the site's calendar isn't up yet.)

It ends on a Tuesday, are you guys who plan on attending going to head towards the Amish as a group after that? How long a ride is it from Canadian Rally to the Amish?

Do reservations have to be made, and if so by when?

I thought I wasn't going to make either this year, as a cousin of mine is getting married over in Euroland (this is a HUGE deal to that side of the family.) As we were all making plans, I decided to re-read the email her father sent, and it's NEXT year. Dodged a bullet and making plans.

Dave-you really, really don't want them to stamp anything in your passport! It's only used for identity, when they stamp something in there, it's not good, not good at all.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I'm making plans and marking calendars (since the site's calendar isn't up yet.)

It ends on a Tuesday, are you guys who plan on attending going to head towards the Amish as a group after that? How long a ride is it from Canadian Rally to the Amish?

Do reservations have to be made, and if so by when?

I thought I wasn't going to make either this year, as a cousin of mine is getting married over in Euroland (this is a HUGE deal to that side of the family.) As we were all making plans, I decided to re-read the email her father sent, and it's NEXT year. Dodged a bullet and making plans.

Dave-you really, really don't want them to stamp anything in your passport! It's only used for identity, when they stamp something in there, it's not good, not good at all.

Cob, I am not sure I understand? My passport was stamped each time I crossed the border!

Gene

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Cob, I am not sure I understand? My passport was stamped each time I crossed the border!

Gene

It's your misspent youth catching up to you.

I haven't crossed by land in a long time, so they may indeed be stamping everyone's now. Flying in even after the passport provision went into effect and they didn't stamp anything, just glanced at the passport.

G

·
Nippon(Keith)

Do you have to make reservations at the camp ground or can you just show up with tent and gear.

I'm thinking about riding out,but still not sure what our summer plans are.

Only about 5 hours along #7

·
Registered
835 Posts
It's your misspent youth catching up to you.

I haven't crossed by land in a long time, so they may indeed be stamping everyone's now. Flying in even after the passport provision went into effect and they didn't stamp anything, just glanced at the passport.

Same here the other way... I cross to Port Huron Mi and back to Sarnia (or Windsor), about once every 2 months... never yet had them stamp my passport.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.