Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the place to discuss the annual Amish Rally, which takes place every year in and around Milton PA, USA.

This will be the 21st anniversary of the Amish.

If you don't know what it is, use the search box for this board, or check the sticky'd post titled "HTTA AMISH RALLY information".

Post all comments/suggestions/concerns here in lieu of making new posts on this same topic, this will make it easier for everyone to follow.

Dates are set and confirmed with cabin management.

Font Material property Circle Parallel Screenshot

Reactions: richnct and Bill S

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am planning to attend my "usual" arrive Thursday the 11th and leave Monday the 15th. May ride down vs trailering, depending on the "Connecticut consensus"

Would be great for a repeat of the "Sunday Amish buggy drive" route ride, that Tony led last year. Would like to re-visit Bill's Bike barn, too.
I now have a real motorcycle GPS, and will attempt to record rides, so the .gpx files can be shared.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'm going to plan for the duration and hopefully that won't change. I'm hoping to have Barney (The name my wife gave it (the Purple Dinosaur)) there this year. It's almost done. It was all together and then I had to take it apart again to replace a faulty thermal switch in the radiator. Going back together now. Hopefully all's well this time.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
1,067 Posts
I am planning to attend my "usual" arrive Thursday the 11th and leave Monday the 15th. May ride down vs trailering, depending on the "Connecticut consensus"

Would be great for a repeat of the "Sunday Amish buggy drive" route ride, that Tony led last year. Would like to re-visit Bill's Bike barn, too.
I now have a real motorcycle GPS, and will attempt to record rides, so the .gpx files can be shared.
If you guys go out to Bill's Bike Barn be sure to swing in to the Honda dealership in Bloomsburg. I don't think anyone has stopped in there since phil did many moons ago. I had stopped there about 6 or 7 years ago and the one salesperson had a CX500 that he had Cafe..

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
1,067 Posts

The fact that we made the ride on a Sunday allowed us to see so many buggies. But a ride in the same area on any other day would allow more scenes of horses working in the Farms

Our friend, Harry Tarzan's wife passed on sometime early this spring or late last fall. He has since changed his residence and he still may be in the area but I haven't found out where yet. You'll remember that he was the one with the Sidecar and a Subaru engine converted BMW with the Center Hub steering front end and all kinds of engineering.

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
1,067 Posts
At progress days Isaiah 9-11. It was too hot Last year.

Orbisonia railroad is being continually restored.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Anybody going to Bill's Old Bike Barn needs to come see me first. I can give you something he needs to display in the fishing pole department and giving it to him might get you a free entry or three.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts