Honda CX 500 Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Sebastian reported seeing a young black bear from the back porch, Friday morning. No rattle snake sightings AFAIK. What an eclectic, hilarious bunch of guys to spend a few days with! And great local riding too. Did we mention the food? Next August you could be writing about it instead of reading about it . . .

·
Registered
755 Posts
I ended up having to work part of the weekend...maybe next year! I'm glad a good time was had by all and I enjoyed reading the story about the rabbit!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Once upon a time, there was an old man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach every morning before he began his work. Early one morning, he was walking along the shore after a big storm had passed and found the vast beach littered with starfish as far as the eye could see, stretching in both directions.
Off in the distance, the old man noticed a small boy approaching. As the boy walked, he paused every so often and as he grew closer, the man could see that he was occasionally bending down to pick up an object and throw it into the sea. The boy came closer still and the man called out, “Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?”
The young boy paused, looked up, and replied “Throwing starfish into the ocean. The tide has washed them up onto the beach and they can’t return to the sea by themselves,” the youth replied. “When the sun gets high, they will die, unless I throw them back into the water.”
The old man replied, “But there must be tens of thousands of starfish on this beach. I’m afraid you won’t really be able to make much of a difference.”
The boy bent down, picked up yet another starfish and threw it as far as he could into the ocean. Then he turned, smiled and said, “It made a difference to that one!”​

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Epilogue
Thursday evening while making my end of day rounds, securing doors, turning out lights and putting the facility to sleep for the night, to my surprise I crossed paths with Hugo. He was already back! We were both masked as per Company rules, but, from a man I may never have had a word with, he grinned so large it seemed to escape both sides of his mask. His eyes told the story, somehow he had heard I was involved. A small hand gesture from both of us and we continued on our separate ways.

“It made a difference to that one”

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
The Hugo and Harvey saga will go down as the most surreal chain of events I have ever encountered in my rather wide and varied existence on this globe, too bad Salvador Dali is no longer around to do the story justice by painting the official portrait.

Whether you believe in it or not, Karma does it's thing regardless.

Witnessing the Harvey saga in real time goes down as a unique and singular experience which won't soon be forgotten.

Reactions: papaji

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
757 Posts
I stopped in to visit claude at freedom sidecars on the way home. I dropped 6 large quarter pie size pieces of pizza in the shop fridge, and put the spaghetti sauce in the apt fridge. A pack of hot dogs, and qt of mac salad went hope with one of the employees.

Was good to see claude again as I hadn't seen him for about 2 rears.

He mentioned a website called bunk a biker, and similar site.

Hope to be in ride leading shape by next year.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Keith will have to get us another deer next year & I'll prepare a venison roast that you'll all love! Pies too!

Reactions: nippongreen

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
757 Posts
I stumbled upon 2 pair of new harley take offs for $10/set. I did not buy them yet, but does anyone from our group want/need a pair of harley mufflers....like new. They are the torpedo style. Need to know in a day or 2.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
A quick check of the map, the distance to the East Broad RR park is about the same if the super slab is avoided by going the Bald Eagle park route to get there. Plenty of time to decide. I'd be up for this one.

A group of us circled the Piper Aviation Museum looking for fuel in Lock Haven, the circle included a few blocks going down a one-way street, we were going one way...the wrong way. ;-) I booked many hours in the left seat of a Warrior back in the day; this place is on my list for next year.

This year was supposed to include a visit to the Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville. Keith and the Canadians (sounds like a New Year's Eve band) were wanting to do that one too, next year I'm sure the border will be open. Keith misses his annual cavity search at the border.

The Curtis Museum is a good 2-hour ride, 3+ if we take the scenic route, might be a little too far unless we start the day on "Rich" time. I'd be up for this one too if others are interested.

Reactions: nippongreen

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Wrong way on a one way street? I seem to remember having that pointed out to me. It reminded me that I have to be more careful when riding point, these guys will follow the leader anywhere! :D

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Wrong way on a one way street? I seem to remember having that pointed out to me. It reminded me that I have to be more careful when riding point, these guys will follow the leader anywhere! :D
“Good friends follow you anywhere.” – Winnie-the-Pooh

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Dave/Wisconsin's friends follow him because they can't believe he's riding all the way to W Milton, PA :oops:

Reactions: Cobram

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
757 Posts
In lock haven is a old hotel called queen ann or queen mary ..from spain....hotel. either she built it or stayed there ...or something. I believe it was on a ine way street. It was efficiency apts with a bar in the dining room and bands on weekends when i was there about 10 yrs ago. Not a destination as it is well past its glory days, but you may have passed it.

Up in towanda there is a state park called asylum with a overlooking bar/restaurant called marie antoinettes. Lore and history indicates that she holed up in northern pa during the french rebellion, returned when she felt it was safe and met her fate.

Really scenic roads up 414 and a return trip through rickets glenn state park.

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
757 Posts
Anyone not following general discussion section, please see the post about Dave wiener.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts