Honda CX 500 Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
That would have been real fine if you could have made it Randall. (y) Some day . . .
I hope to make it one of these days. I have a Great Great who was one of the Mennonite founders of Germantown.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Dave often comes from Visconsin. Anybody heard from him lately? I'm not a Facebook user, it might be he's all over that.

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
Dave often comes from Visconsin. Anybody heard from him lately? I'm not a Facebook user, it might be he's all over that.
He's been dealing with some medical issues. I'm not sure if he'll even make the delayed Spring Ride this weekend. I don't know his plans for Amish. If I had come, my plan would have been to travel with him.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I believe Dave is planning to come, but I think he'll be riding his new Can-Am.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Oh good! He can help us keep Steve (Cobram) under reasonable control! The man gets a little wild sometimes. :LOL:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Anyone have a rear caliper for a cx650e? It is the same as "82 gl1100 aspencade, cb 900c and cb1000.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
How bad is the rear caliper? Maybe a rebuild kit might fix it?
There's a cheap one on Fleabay, don't know if it's the same. The condition of any used one is going to be a toss up.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I twisted off the bleed screw, drilled it out, then twisted off a screw extractor which I can't drill out yet.

Fleabag link?

·
Super Moderator
3,873 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Thanks. All models of Honda that use this caliper are in the '82-'83 realm. Thanks though.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
DATES: August 13th - 18th, 2020

Only 13 more days until PA! Details on Cobram's Information thread down a few lines. Hope to see a few HTTA afficionados there! I'm planning to ride in this year, showing off my new hip joints. I'll show you the scars for $.25 @. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
DATES: August 13th - 18th, 2020

Only 13 more days until PA! Details on Cobram's Information thread down a few lines. Hope to see a few HTTA afficionados there! I'm planning to ride in this year, showing off my new hip joints. I'll show you the scars for $.25 @. :rolleyes:
I'll pay you a dollar to NOT show us the scars. ;-)
BTW, anyone know where the 2nd banner is, it still hasn't surfaced AFAIK.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
"I'll pay you a dollar to NOT show us the scars. ;-) " That was my business plan all along. ;-) BTW, the Country Cupboard (restaurant) website says they are now open, even the buffet. Not that I was over anxious or anything. Nope, not me. The stories of RichNCt and buffets are grossly exaggerated. Yup. You got the wrong guy.

Reactions: Cobram

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Do you know anyone who's really good with a tig or even mig welder? Since it's aluminum you don't want to heat it, but broken bleeders come out like "buttah" if you can electric weld a small bolt or rod to the center. Something about the current running through it burns off the corrosion, and the bolt/whatever welded to the bleeder/extractor can be used to turn it out. Your torch guy has to be good though, because of the small size.

Thanks. All models of Honda that use this caliper are in the '82-'83 realm. Thanks though.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
11 more days, just saying. You could change your mind. Said to nobody in particular.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm thinking maybe...

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Would be great to see you again! Remember the time at VMD we were so excited to attend a Craig Vetter seminar that I fell asleep during the presentation? In the front row! And snored, I'm told. :LOL:

81 - 99 of 99 Posts