Honda CX 500 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I would expect that fellow Aussie CXPHREAK would know of Dr Don's present status.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Cobram, I hope your surgery went well and you are back in command of Boston. Still planning on hosting the PA Rally in August? Bill S, are you still thinking of going? Russ? Anyone else from the NorthEast? I'm still inclined to attend if the NE doesn't go Crazy Part 2. Will the "All U Can Eat" buffets come back, that is the really big consideration IMO.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
What/where was the restaurant we went to several times for the breakfast "AYCEat" buffet? Dutch something? Hotel too, big place, endless bacon . . . Not the Country Cupboard, that was more often the dinner gorge. More rural I seem to remember.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rich, yes I am still planning to go to the rally.
Thinking of my usual schedule, leave Thursday real early, return home Sunday. Could also take Monday off and leave then.
Again you are always welcome to ride down with me.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Great! Not too sure of my schedule yet, but let's keep the comm line open.

·
Registered
754 Posts
It looks like I'm not working that weekend for a change. I would love to try to make a brief appearance on 4 wheels. Its been 5 years since I've seen you all and 3 years since Lynn (Len In PA) passed. I'm not sure I can find my way there without him! I can't make any promises, but I'll see what I can do to make it up there.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Great to hear from you! If we both manage to get to Milton in August we can catch up a bit. It's been a few years and a forum ago. You were instrumental in a few basement tech sessions as I recall. And many things Turbo. There are many newer members who would not know you, but they should! And Lynn, R.I.P. He was as regular as clockwork each year with his spotless GL.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Right now I would say if you guys are planing on eating in any restaurants you might be out of luck.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Right now I would say if you guys are planing on eating in any restaurants you might be out of luck.

They're not even doing outside dinning, like that nice place at the foot of the mountains where we celebrated your birthday that one year?
I might give you a call this week to see what's what.

I spoke with our resident gourmet chef Fogelsville Joe, and he is indicating that he will be gracing the cabin with his presence this year, so cabin cuisine not a problem.

For rides are fast food, sub shops and pizza places etc. still open but with no dinning in? Here they never closed, just limited seating or removed it altogether. Most places are almost back to normal now, with service at every other table etc.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
They're not even doing outside dinning, like that nice place at the foot of the mountains where we celebrated your birthday that one year?
I might give you a call this week to see what's what.

I spoke with our resident gourmet chef Fogelsville Joe, and he is indicating that he will be gracing the cabin with his presence this year, so cabin cuisine not a problem.

For rides are fast food, sub shops and pizza places etc. still open but with no dinning in? Here they never closed, just limited seating or removed it altogether. Most places are almost back to normal now, with service at every other table etc.
I have only been to Wendy's twice since the crap started. Both times there was no dining in. We used the drive up window and sat in the car. i don't look for much change any time soon. Although Lycoming and Clinton counties have been on the lower end of infection rates, we are still mandated to wear masks, and I hate that. You must be thinking of the Hotel Manor, way up Pine Creek at Slate Run where we sat looking at the creek on the patio.
FYI;

Hotel Manor
14 hours ago
Beautiful day in the valley! We have seating in our yard and on our deck!
Open 12-7pm
Everything is take out! Order at windows on front porch! The governor has placed new restrictions on our industry! Please be patient with the staff and understanding we did not make the rules!
570-753-8414 is their number.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
UPDATE

Today I spoke with Jay (Cabin Management) and everything is good to go.

He said it was rather hot, but the AC’s were all working and it’s notably cooler at night. Not too many mosquitoes this year either. Both situations may change by the time we get there.

As for the virus, there is none in area, rural areas have been pretty immune in general. He said that most eateries were open, and aside from the mask and the social distance thing, business seemed to be back. He will be visiting the cabin again this week, and drive around the surrounding area to give a better idea of what is and isn’t open.

Spoke with TonyG today also, and he pretty much confirmed the above. He will be gracing us with this presence for a few days too, hopefully leading a few rides.

I’m all for just hanging on the porch and a change of scenery for a week with some rural PA riding thrown in for good measure.

We’re good to go.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I was out today to haul the Mrs to Lock Haven for her regular check up at the Dr. The Lock Haven Arbys was drive up window only. Jersey Shore Arby's was showing Dining Room Open on the sign. Here are the current figures; Since March 15th, Lycoming County 268 confirmed cases with 29 deaths, Clinton County 103 with 5 deaths, Union County 111 with 2 deaths, Sullivan County 10 and zero, Northumberland County, 363 and 11. Those who don't wear masks will be shot on sight.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well, guys, looks like the Amish is a no go for me this year. I lost my job at the end of May due to this Virus scam. Yes... I'm one of those who believe that it's another scam in the sick, twisted minds of the Demoncrats to damage Trump before the election. If that offends anyone...so be it. Although I got a generous severance package, I have yet to be able to establish unemployment insurance payments. Finding a new job at age 67 seems remote. So it seems I will be forced into retirement a little earlier than we had planned. I want to wait to apply for SS until my birthday in February. That means that we have to be very conservative with the money we have until those payments begin. Unfortunately, that means that fun trips like the Amish will have to be cancelled. Sorry that I will will have to miss it. Looks like there will be no homemade pies this year. lol. Y'all have a great time!
Dan
P.S. Progress on my GL project has been progressing, although slowly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
@decolvin. I've lost friends to this epidemic. Two of the oldest were 102 and 104. I'll leave politics out of it because they aren't allowed on this forum.

P.S. I started my new job as an Early Election Deputy for the City of Minneapolis the same month I received my first SS check, at the age of 66. Don't give up! Your experience is invaluable. I was the only employee in Elections to receive a commendation during the Presidential Primaries.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dan, sorry about your job lost.
You will be missed. Always look forward to your pies.
That has been one of positives of the Rally, very low cost as opposed be a hotel/motel. Plus excellent chefs and bakers on site !

Fafnir, sorry for the lost of your friends. The northeast has been hit hard initially.

I still plan to be there.

Reactions: Cobram

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
It is my intention to be there for a couple of days. My bionic hips are telling me I should ride, I think I should listen to them! Looking forward to seeing a few old friends. And you too, Joe. ;)

Reactions: Cobram

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
Well, guys, looks like the Amish is a no go for me this year. I lost my job at the end of May due to this Virus scam. Yes... I'm one of those who believe that it's another scam in the sick, twisted minds of the Demoncrats to damage Trump before the election. If that offends anyone...so be it. Although I got a generous severance package, I have yet to be able to establish unemployment insurance payments. Finding a new job at age 67 seems remote. So it seems I will be forced into retirement a little earlier than we had planned. I want to wait to apply for SS until my birthday in February. That means that we have to be very conservative with the money we have until those payments begin. Unfortunately, that means that fun trips like the Amish will have to be cancelled. Sorry that I will will have to miss it. Looks like there will be no homemade pies this year. lol. Y'all have a great time!
Dan
P.S. Progress on my GL project has been progressing, although slowly.
As a consolation, Dan, the Garage Meet Up room is open on Zoom, so you might use that to connect with the guys at camp.
I had considered going this year, as all other trips have been cancelled and I have vacation to burn. But that weekend has already filled up with other things.

Randall

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
That would have been real fine if you could have made it Randall. (y) Some day . . .

61 - 80 of 99 Posts