Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Still early but let's get some feedback going for next years Amish rally, if there will be one and the dates.

My schedule being what it is, I can't commit this far ahead.

The good news is that if I understood him right, local CX'er TonyG volunteered to take the helm as landlord and cat herder should it be needed.

<<<<<<(DATES FOR CONSIDERATION DELETED)>>>>>>>>

The 2020 HTTA AMISH RALLY will take place from August 13th until August 18th.

Calendar2.JPG

Anyone wanting more info, planning to attend for the first time, etc. ask away.
Hope to see the usual suspects and some new faces come August.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
If I am able I will be there! I know I missed this year, but the doctor has switched around my meds and I am not too dizzy to ride now.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Glad to hear you're doing better, David. Steve, do we know if there are any closed dates already at the cabin? If not, how can we find out?
Dan

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Count me in, so long as I don't run into another medical setback like this year. Am still in this accursed arm sling for three more weeks, but then I'm supposedly OK to drive again (i.e. use both arms like a normal person) and my first target will be to tweak on the CB450. For next year's rally, my intent is to ride the bike up and back rather than trailer it, because the route I take is way fun! Am looking for a luggage rack for the CB, any ideas or pointers would be welcome.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Count me in, so long as I don't run into another medical setback like this year. Am still in this accursed arm sling for three more weeks, but then I'm supposedly OK to drive again (i.e. use both arms like a normal person) and my first target will be to tweak on the CB450. For next year's rally, my intent is to ride the bike up and back rather than trailer it, because the route I take is way fun! Am looking for a luggage rack for the CB, any ideas or pointers would be welcome.
That sounds like a plan. This year I was the only one who rode to the Amish.

do we know if there are any closed dates already at the cabin? If not, how can we find out?
Still wide open AFAIK, cabin management usually emails when they get their first August booking. It's still early, so it's a double edged blade, all dates are available, yet, it's so far out that most people aren't sure what their optimal dates will be.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. I'll update the OP in this thread with a Calendar for Aug. next year.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I really want to make one of these. Maybe as a part of a trip to Cape Breton to visit the wife's Shannon Clan. But we might be in Scotland in October (celebrating my 66th and starting S.S.) I'm thinking about leaving a motorcycle in Cape Breton or trailering back and forth.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Little Wing you could ride out to the Amish Rally with me. Come here the day before we leave and then do the 600 miles the first day and get a motel and then 350 miles the second day and arrive at the Amish.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
What or where is "OP"? Other Post? Why does David think there is no Friday? Maybe I need to get in on these meds?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good to hear that you are feeling better, Dave. I believe the "X"s on the first post indicate the dates of the infamous Ottawa Misfits Rally not the Amish Rally. It's so one can attend both rallies, if desired.
Paui

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What or where is "OP"? Other Post? Why does David think there is no Friday? Maybe I need to get in on these meds?
OP = Original Post
All 4 Fridays are still open, so I too am guessing it's either a side effect of medication or something in the water.

Good to hear that you are feeling better, Dave. I believe the "X"s on the first post indicate the dates of the infamous Ottawa Misfits Rally not the Amish Rally. It's so one can attend both rallies, if desired.
Paui
Give that man a ceegar. I made the mistake of not also updating the info in the OP (Original Post in case you already forgot Rich ;-) and assuming people read entire posts in threads.

Dave, those X'ed out days are not the rally dates! The length and dates have not been determined yet, and there doesn't seem to be much feedback. I'll give it a couple weeks, I'll check with cabin management this week to make sure all dates are still open.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The weekend of the 15/16 seems to be the usual target.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Those dates are perfect if you want to avoid the usual Little League World Series crowds and traffic around Williamsport which starts on the 19th.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the input. Cabin Management has been contacted. The dates in the post above have been requested.

Arriving mid to late afternoon on Thursday August 13th, and leaving by Noonish on August 18th.

I'll post as soon as I hear back.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The cabin is getting popular.

I removed the previous tentative date post, a family has reserved the cabin between Aug. 13th and Aug. 16th 2020.

Aug. 17 - 23 is available to us. I am waiting word if there are other dates, or if this is it. Little League World Series begins on Aug. 20th.

I'll update the calendar when I have more info. I'm thinking maybe from Wed 19th to Sun 23rd if the dates offered are the only choice.

Is there any interest in the weekend of the 8th or the 29th? I'll inquire about availability for those weekends.

CHIME IN with any concerns etc. you may have with these dates ASAP.

Calendar12.JPG

PS: I have taken the liberty of reserving the week before Little League 2021, August 13 to August 19, 2021 for the group, as slots are already getting reserved almost 2 years out. As I said, the cabin is getting very popular. If things change, we can always cancel.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Personally, I like the idea of the 5th thru the 12th.
Dan

1 - 20 of 44 Posts