Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official Info on the 2020 MidOHio AMA event CLICK HERE.

I was updating my travel calendar, and was pleasantly surprised to see that this year the AMA MidOhio will be held on the 2nd weekend of July. (Last year it was the first week.)
I had a scheduling conflict I couldn't work around for the first week of July, but this date works for me.

Wondering if anyone else is contemplating going this year. It really is worth it if you haven't been, and if you're one of the "usual suspects" and have been to this event, you know how great it can be.

Picture of Parts Vendor area with parts for just about every two wheeled steed out there. This guy was parting out a CX500T and a CX650T, and had a couple of complete Turbos for sale too.

Reactions: nippongreen

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Actually......A few of those parts followed me home somehow ;)

Reactions: Cobram

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I don't expect my little band of MC hooligans from Connecticut will be at VMD in 2020, but maybe in 2021. We'll have gotten the mud off the bikes by then. Bro Dave is going to Isle of Man (Vintage TT races) this August.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
That last post of mine above was a little prescient eh?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That last post of mine above was a little prescient eh?
Hmm, very little, as the TT has cancelled. ;-)

The event's current status is "postponed", which means it may still happen this year. Depending on the level of cabin fever, any chance the Conn. Crew and their fearless leader may change their minds should AMA stipulate a new date for this year?

I'm an optimist on this one, but smart money says unless a new date is announced in the next 10 days or so, the next press release will be titled "Vintage Motorcycle Days Cancelled for 2020."

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
My bro Dave was planning to go to VMD with a racer (Dave Roper). But info they had a while ago indicated it would be AMA sanctioned racing (official points) but no spectators. I haven't checked lately, as everything, subject to change this year. Bro Dave was also reserved to go to Isle of Man Senior TT, but as you said, not so much this year. No, I would not be going to VMD this year even if it were on. That call was made in my post well before TT was cancelled. Still hosting PA?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even if the VMD reschedules to a definitive date this year, I'm not enthused about going. I don't think anyone on here will be there, and attendance in general will pale compared to normal years.
The Amish is still on, as I posted in the Amish thread, I'll be there and won't turn anyone away if they decide to show up too. After the last few months a week in the woods and surrounding areas is sounding mighty good.
I'll get in touch with cabin management next week to confirm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts