Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will not be available to act as cabin administrator for the 2019 Rally. I may be able to attend for a couple of days. Too early for me to know for sure.

Sorry for the slight delay in posting this year, there are still about 9 months to go. I’m confident that is enough time for those wishing to attend the 2019 HTTA Amish to make their plans.

Anyone wishing to take the reins for the 2019 rally, PM me or post here. I will be contacting the usual suspects by PM also.

*Dec. 02, 2018 edit

Dates are set:

Text Colorfulness Line Font Number

I will update the locked info thread soon.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I personally think that Wednesday through Monday would be enough. I say Monday just to give a day that would be relaxing for anyone that wants to volunteer to help clean up.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I would like to stay for a week. Flexible on start day & ending day.
Dan

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I agree. Either Dave or Dan would make most excellent administrators, so he who steps up should select the dates.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Maybe this year I can make it there, providing there are no issues with family or health.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not much feedback on dates, so I'll go ahead and confirm Wed through Tuesday today unless I hear back on this thread today.
Monday doesn't really work, since most people like to get an early start, leaving before cleanup has even started. If the cabin is booked by another group, last man out by lunchtime.
Chill on Monday, cleanup and vacate on Tuesday.
No one's stepped up yet to be innkeeper. I'll have some time this weekend and send out a PM or email to likely candidates.

Text Colorfulness Line Font Number

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BUMP

First post in this thread updated.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Vacation request submitted & approved! See y'all there!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
See post #8!
Dan

·
Registered
173 Posts
I plan to be there Thursday to Sunday. Bringing the custom and the turbo

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
My old GL650 came up on craigslist tonight. It needs a stator but otherwise looks pretty good except for a little scrape on the right side of the fairing.
It is in Hughesville about 45 miles from camp.
https://williamsport.craigslist.org/mcy/d/hughesville-1983-honda-silverwing-gl650/6925554142.html

Update, reply from seller.
Thanks for the info. I got the shaft from the previous owner. When he sold it to me he said all it needed was a battery. He failed to mention it needed a stator. I don't have the extra money to dump into it so I bought the stator, and am just going to sell it as is. The bike actually runs really good still. It'll be hard to sell this way, but there may be more interest at a rally for the model.

Anyway the stereo is no longer there. I have one that I may throw in with the machine if a prospective buyer wants it. The wiring is still there so one can definitely be hooked up. I don't know if the speakers work though. The bike has a little over 48K on it now.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Its got the trunk extention, and if you don't know MCRevivor (previous owner) he is a retired aircraft mechanic, they don't compromise, 'nough said, looks to me like an interesting possibility. There is probably fellows at the PA Rally who would be interested in helping do the stator job in the camp basement if the new owner had all the parts/gaskets needed, just say'in. And $800 is the asking price. I have no connection with the seller. :)

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
My old GL650 came up on craigslist tonight. It needs a stator but otherwise looks pretty good except for a little scrape on the right side of the fairing.
It is in Hughesville about 45 miles from camp.
https://williamsport.craigslist.org/mcy/d/hughesville-1983-honda-silverwing-gl650/6925554142.html

Update, reply from seller.
Thanks for the info. I got the shaft from the previous owner. When he sold it to me he said all it needed was a battery. He failed to mention it needed a stator. I don't have the extra money to dump into it so I bought the stator, and am just going to sell it as is. The bike actually runs really good still. It'll be hard to sell this way, but there may be more interest at a rally for the model.

Anyway the stereo is no longer there. I have one that I may throw in with the machine if a prospective buyer wants it. The wiring is still there so one can definitely be hooked up. I don't know if the speakers work though. The bike has a little over 48K on it now.
The bike started life as a GL650 Standard, not an Interstate. The tank, the lack of saddlebags and saddlebag mounts show the true origin. You could figure on spending several hundred dollars more to find bags as nice as the rest of the bike. Also, it has winter lowers on the fairing and not standard lowers. It looks great, but you should be aware that it didn't start its life as an Interstate. If anyone buys the bike I would be willing to help install the new stator in the basement if they bring the proper tools. The most important tool would be a good inch pound torque wrench and medium range foot pound torque wrench. You should probably have a new cam chain handy with the mileage on the bike, which would require a flywheel puller and a large torque wrench for reassembly.

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
This bike would be a great candidate for an extended tech session in the basement. As David stated, with 48k miles it could use a new cam chain. In fact, why not change the mechanical seal and starter clutch springs while the rear engine cover is removed.

JB from SC and I plan to attend the rally this year. We will be traveling by car. I'm willing to bring along the necessary tools for the job but want prior confirmation. It would be up to the new owner to provide the necessary parts. We could put together a list with part numbers.

So who wants to be the proud new owner?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Feeling shop envy, Ron.
Dan

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll be there first day to last. Cooler and appropriate supplies on board. Any special requests?
Russ

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.