Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a 2007 1000rr front end conversion and haven't found much on it. So far everything I have removed off the bike is going great. I'm going to try and post some good pictures for others looking to do the same.

What have others done?

1. Has anyone came up with a way to use the 1000rr ignition and still have a steering lock?

2. What spacers if any has everyone used for top and bottom with the all balls kit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone help me out?

Ran into the issue of the top of the cbr triple above the top tapered bearing double nut with a locking spacer between the two nuts. There is not enough room for me to put the ring in between the two nuts. There isn't enough threads. I used the thick washer on the bottom of the tapered bearing and look like I would have to use it that way due to lack of space between the head and lower tree. Is leaving the locking ring out a bad idea even if both nuts are tight together?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I machined some off the top nut, did not use the locking shim, then staked the top nut down to the bottom with a pointed chisel. I will be keeping my eye on it but I was able to get atleast 4-5 threads onto the top nut.

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.