Honda CX 500 Forum banner

2 year sit...

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Shep 
#1 ·
First off, new here, Hi! Helping a friend with her 1981 CX500D, All in all great shape, been sitting 2 years ( roughly ) Aside from what i am already guessing ( Tank flush, cream, Carbs ( rebuild ) and fresh fluids, anything i should look for? Where's a good place to get a rebuild kit for the carbs? I gonna pull them and check the floats, slides and see how they look ( Seized or not ) This will be my first CX build. Thanks for input guys.

Andy

#2 ·
ok well i am not an expert here or anything but i do think taz has carb kits for sale on fleabay just do a search for your bike and model and then get the carb kits it should be that easy....and any more help you need just ask

carb kit

keep in mind that is just one kit for the carb

#4 ·
Good thing to check the brakes. Take it from mister sieze here.

I just now got both passages cleaned. Course now I'm paranoid and my GS1100 MC is working perfect after I took it apart.

I would also pull the plugs. They can say a lot about how the bike ran when it did

#8 ·
I've got kreem in my ninja 500. It was there when my friend got it two years ago. Its starting to flake and come apart.

A lot of people use POR-15 and my triple forum.

#9 ·
I still have some on a shirt when I por 15ed my tank about 18 months ago and it's pretty damn strong and it just barely brushed the shirt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.