Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks guys it took 2 hours to get that motor out. with the help i got here it was way easy. i think i will be able to remove and replace in a couple hours here soon. now what should i do first? cant wait til tomorrow to start tearing everything apart.

·
Registered
507 Posts
If you haven't done something like this before, take pictures, label and take notes. Anything and everything that might make it easier going back together or for future reference. There isn't as much to worry about with an engine like this but better safe than sorry.

Plus we like pictures and someone will always be doing a job like this and need some help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know with this motor, i dont think i can forget anything that came apart. it is really like 4 wires connectors and 6 bolts. i probably should have gone slower but it came apart so easily, also there are so many picture threads on this site that even if i do forget something there is always a reference somewhere in here.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Don't forget that you need to take the water pump impellar off and advance retard unit to get the rear cover off. Or it's going to be a mess and things could break.

·
Registered
640 Posts
That's the great thing about these CX/GL500's, they're easy relatively speaking.

When you go to put the motor back in, the hardest part for me has been putting the screw in the drive shaft u-joint. If you have a helper to hold back the rubber boot, then its simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.