Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get a 2 to 1 exhaust for my gl500 project. Will the cx500 Mac one work? I don't really wee any reason for it not to, since its the same engine and almost identical frame, but you never know... Anyone have the answer for me?

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clearance it what I was worried about, not so much the mounting bracket, that can be fanangled or changed. I can't see from any of the pictures of it mounted on a cx that I've seen where it would have any clearance issues with the engine or body, or even the the rear brake (the pedal looks like it would go up and over the exhaust, right where the collector on the normal exhaust goes). But it does look like the mounts would be very different, especially considering the latches for the saddle bags..er, cases. The Motad IS expensive... $100 more plus shipping... but my reason for shying from that one is the more extreme turn upwards of the exhaust, which looks like it might get right in the way of the bag. I've submitted an inquiry to them though, If what I hear back is positive I'll be sure to let you all know. Thanks for the input! I'll keep brainstorming and turning my wheels..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.