Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting everybody, I am Nick from Greece. I am an owner of a 1982 GL 500 interstate which i converted to cafe racer. My question (and sorry if it had been asked before) has to do with the installment of my new front system. I have done everything regarding rotors adaptor, bearings, spacers etc. but it seems that my brake calipers taper with my rim. I chose to stay with my 19'' reverse comstar cause i like the looks.. I have enclosed an image of the donor bike of the front system. 1992-Suzuki-GSX-R750a.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,110 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry I don't have an answer to your question. It might help if you gave more details of your modifications. Which calipers are you using, GL500 or GSXR and which bracket are you using? Pictures of your installation showing how your calipers taper with your rim would help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello friend, i am using the Nissin calipers of a 1995 GSXR as shown on the photo above. (also the bracket is shown above). I came up with the idea of lathing aproximatelly 1,5mm on each side of the rim hub so i can make the comstar stars more tight in the center of the rim and gainning the space i need. I am worrying about safety isuess in my ride if i am going to do that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts