Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my pride and joy. A gentleman in Sacramento, Ca built it from a parking enforcement unit that did duty in San Francisco for SFPD at CandleStick Park. He modified it for his son the sell ice cream from the trunk but the young guy thought he was too cool for that. So I bought it and have kept it as-built for about 15 years. I was able to get it from Paradise Ca out to our place in Idaho a few months before the Paradise, Ca fire in 2017 destroyed everything else.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
That's a really cool looking bike, no wonder its your pride & joy. Are you a psychic? How did you know to move the bike pre-emptively??? Was the front wheel changed to spokes when you got it? Original forks or are those changed out too? Thanks for sharing the pic and story!

Reactions: bahn88

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bike is just as it came from the builder. I just keep it filled up and running with non-ethanol gas, clean, dry and polished. We had been moving stuff from Paradise to Idaho for a few years before the fire.

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
I'm up in McCall. I collect vintage Snow Cats like Tucker, Thiokol and Snow Tracs too.
Have a place in donnelly across from tamarack. I'd like to see your trident sometime. I drive through McCall 4-5 times a week w fedex

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ll be back in McCall the last week of October. FedEx and Amazon helped build our house. And FedEx Express driver Angie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts