Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! My names Issy and I’m new to this. Got my first bike which is a 1983 Honda GL650 and absolutely love the bike. My fork seals are currently shot and do not hold any air. Trying to figure out if I’ll be ok just buying seals and replacing or if I should do springs too. Let me know! Thanks

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
When you have the forks apart to do the seals measure the springs to see if they are within spec. Specifications are given in the factory service manual which you can download from the wiki, link for which is in my signature line.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Issy , I've had my GL650I for about 20 or so years, it will probably be good to change the springs. I've picked up springs for mine, remember the springs are 37 years old.
Progressive Suspension Fork Springs - 30/40 Spring Rate (lbs/in) - 11-1110 from Dennis Kirk in Rush city Minnesota are about $97 US and you won't have to run air in the forks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome. Thank you for the information. Yea the springs feel very weak. i can pretty much just push the bike down very easily while standing up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts