Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Original survivor.39000 km. New tyres,brake pads. Seat cover.Flushed brake fluid.Oil-& filter change.final drive oil change.Flush-change coolant.Fuel tank interior/exterior excellent .1 year old battery..starts well,charging system perfect.All lights etc work.Take it ,easily safetied.

Have a Honda ST1300-- more suitable to my long distance riding lifestyle.
Dave (613)-644-2081 or [email protected]ive.com
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", '83 GL650, '82 GL500 Project "AdventureWing", '79 CX500C, '78 CX500 Scrambler
10,115 Posts
Oh, if I only had the budget, space, and permission!
(I'm getting grief for free bikes, now.)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
So ah, Canada's a big place, where might this machine be hiding?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
A bit of a ride from me in Connecticut, USA, but the border seems to be the primary obstacle for now. PM me please.

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
905 Posts
A bit of a ride from me in Connecticut, USA, but the border seems to be the primary obstacle for now. PM me please.
Don't you already have one or two?

I think if you put a large coffee filter over the headlight and make it look like a mask they might let it through customs and cross the border!?

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", '83 GL650, '82 GL500 Project "AdventureWing", '79 CX500C, '78 CX500 Scrambler
10,115 Posts
Would someone please buy this bike, so I can stop looking at it and drooling longingly?

·
Premium Member
'82 GL500 '83 GL650 '21 RoyalEnfield INT650
2,085 Posts
I've wanted to take a bike an leave it in Cape Breton with my wife's family there. Maybe buying one there makes more sense. I wish the timing were right!

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you line up your paperwork, the border is a cake walk. I bought a 1979 CX500 from Michigan 2 years ago (3?), did the paperwork online, and crossed with zero issues. Watch your timelines, it takes them 5 business days to process! I used an online broker (part of it must be filed electronicly) and they charged me $35. Best money I every spent.

I showed up at the border with a bike, trailer, bill of sale, ownership, and printed paperwork from the online transaction. They send you to the import/export building, 5 minutes later you're across. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Tony, I've never had a white one. :) Canada is farther away than it used to be. In years past I could cross into Canada with little more fuss than crossing state lines, those days, like many others, seem to be gone. :( I can't see how that benefits anyone though. Guess I'll have to get another passport, shouldn't have let it lapse. My bad. New hips and retirement makes the imagination wander. With a pickup truck and some imagination, trouble awaits!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts