Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a saddle bag guard I would like to get rid of.
The guard is in excellent shape but
UPS, Fedex etc. want $300+ to ship
across country. If anyone has a way to pick it up or have it shipped
let me know. I live in Portland, Oregon. I'm only asking $25 for my time to deliver
or ship. I sure hate to scrap this but I'm tired of it taking up garage space.
Bob
Plant Tree Wood Motor vehicle Outdoor furniture

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,004 Posts
I had a frame shipped to me on Greyhound. I needed to pick it at the terminal, but it was the least expensive option that I found. There was a car hood on the same bus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a frame shipped to me on Greyhound. I needed to pick it at the terminal, but it was the least expensive option that I found. There was a car hood on the same bus.
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the Portland Grayhound permanently closed and closet is in Salem 65 miles from me.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the Portland Grayhound permanently closed and closet is in Salem 65 miles from me.
Yeah, it seems GH isn't as popular as it once was.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'm interested. I have a beat up one I can use to determine weight and dimensions. I should be able to bring it to shipper for a quote within a day or two. I'll post what I find out here.

·
Registered
402 Posts
can you unbolt the center section? it will allow for a smaller package

Reactions: RVP3

·
Registered
833 Posts
can you unbolt the center section? it will allow for a smaller package
Wood Plant Motor vehicle Grass Automotive exterior

It's approximately 35"Lx14"Wx10"H as shown. That includes an extra inch per dimension. I weighed myself without it then holding it and it appears to weigh somewhere near 10 lbs.

·
Registered
833 Posts
View attachment 210399
It's approximately 35"Lx14"Wx10"H as shown. That includes an extra inch per dimension. I weighed myself without it then holding it and it appears to weigh somewhere near 10 lbs.
Went to USPS site for shipping cost estimate. Boxed up it would cost about $80.00 from Portland to Southern Illinois. Mine doesn't look as shabby as I thought, no longer interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts