Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1982 Honda GL500 Clutch Kit Part Number?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  murrayf 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what the part number is for a replacement clutch kit at Autozone? I found what I was looking for online at Walmart (Walmart Mobile) but I wanted to go ahead and preorder it so I can just pay for it when it gets in and not have to wait over the weekend. Also I glimpsed over a different thread and read that you want to soak your clutch in oil for 24hrs, what does this do? And can someone tell me the oil and part number for oil filter that I can get at Autozone as well? NAPA part numbers would work too, I'm just trying to buy parts locally so I don't have to wait for them in the mail. I'm really anxious to start riding again. This is my first bike and I traded for it on Craigslist not knowing that the clutch was about burnt out (turns out it wasn't adjusted to be at 5500rpm before switching gears as a preference like the guy said). Yea...I can be pretty gullible.

Thanks!
Charlie

1982 Honda GL500
(First bike, new rider)

#5 ·
it is not from walmart it s from a vendor named perf-moto

so to the poster charlie stoned me beware if you think you will get this quickly and locally think again you should check and see how long it takes from there ebay store as that is where it is coming from

also you should see if you steel liners are burnt and warped you may need the complete kit as well as no matter what you should put new springs in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.