Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1982 Honda CX-500 Custom For Parts or Repair - $350

Hello All,

The time has come for me to realize that I will not be riding this bike anytime soon and I need to pass it on to someone who has a better use for it before it rusts into oblivion. I am posting now as this would be a great project for over the winter, or some of you may be able to use the parts on your winter re-build project.

I have an all original 1982 CX 500 Custom. The bike is in rough cosmetic shape. It was purchased with a rebuild title and appears to have been laid down at some point. When I parked the bike last fall it ran and had new front and rear tires with less than 100 miles on them. It did have leaking fork seals and the fork tubes had some pitting. The front engine cover was leaking near the oil drain plug as the result of an over tightened drain plug. And the battery was bad and needed to be replaced. The bike started fine with either a jump or push start.

However, since then the bike has been sitting outside and covered. I am not sure if it starts now, therefore, I am offering the bike AS-Is for parts only. I would prefer a local pick-up (Akron, OH), but I can also work with you to arrange shipping at your expense. The price IS negotiable.

As of now I am not looking to part the bike out myself, however, if someone is willing to purchase some of the bigger parts (wheels, exhaust, engine, etc...) I may change my mind.

Picture are coming this evening.

Feel free to contact me with any comments and/or questions.

Thank you,
Jon
330-338-8884
[email protected]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Murray,

I am not too familiar with the cash value of the bike. I am more than willing to negotiate. What do you think is a fair price at which to list the bike?

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Hi Murray,

I am not too familiar with the cash value of the bike. I am more than willing to negotiate. What do you think is a fair price at which to list the bike?

Thanks,
Jon
Post some detailed pictures and someone will help you price it.....partly it depends on your local market. Two fairly clean earlier (than your '82) Customs sold in MN and NE WI not long ago for $200 each....parts CX Customs go from that $200 range to $450, asking prices.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the advice.

I revised the price down to $350 given the new mufflers and new tires.

Regards,
Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts