Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,657 Posts
IIRC discs for the GL500 (non interstate) are different from those on the interstate. Left and right interstate discs will swap (Same part number)

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
18,401 Posts
I imagine it would be possible but you would need to find appropriate caliper brackets and it might be necessary to shim either the calipers or the discs.

I have been trying to look this up for several days. The brochure pic (below) clearly shows the Interstate with 2 discs and the standard model with one (and it does look bigger to me) but every online parts drawing I can find plus the PDF I have of the parts book shows the standard having dual discs. In fact, one of them even showed a pic at the top of the page that clearly has a single disc but the drawing for the front wheel shows two.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycling

·
Super Moderator
5,657 Posts
Here at least the GL500 had a single disc, the GL500I had twin discs. I may try and take a few comparative measurements tomorrow.

Reactions: Sidecar Bob
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.