Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me first say Hi to everyone. I joined this forum about a month ago when I got my GL500 and have been lurking and reading since. This seems to be an informative place with helpful people. I don't think I would restore older bikes if it wasn't for forums like this.( I also have and '83 V65 Magna that I've had about 2 yrs now)

I found my Silverwing on Craiglist for $500. I always liked the looks of these bikes with the transverse v-twin. ( I'm not sure, but I think only Honda and Moto Guzzi have this.) It had 32500 miles on it ( it just turned 33K today), ran like a bear, and was in need of some TLC. So far I replaced the windshield, recovered the seats, rebuilt and painted the calipers, cleaned the MC and changed the resevoir, cleaned and greased the rear brakes (it was sticking),new plugs, oil change, changed the final drive oil, adjusted the valves and synched the carbs and probably 1 or 2 others that I forgot. (Cleaning and painting wherever possible.)

Well, to the subject line.......

Does anyone know where I can download or get a schematic for the audio system on this bike? (Hopefully for free or cheap, I am kinda frugal
) This bike has the blue pin socket for the radio and intercom and an amp for the speakers in the fairing. I don't have the radio and really don't want to put out $150 for a 29 yr old tuner on ebay, so I was hoping I could figure a way to run an ipod through the speakers. But, without the schematic, I'm stumped.

So if anyone knows where I can get this info, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks, and sorry about the long winded post.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I found it easier to just put in a newer audio system, and use the old speaker housing. (I also added a second set of speakers.)I can send you a link to some pictures of my set up......

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found it easier to just put in a newer audio system, and use the old speaker housing. (I also added a second set of speakers.)I can send you a link to some pictures of my set up......

Thanks, I would appreciate that. I am looking at various possibilities, but I prefer to leave things as stock as possible.

I will PM you my email address.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.