Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
I have Presently, 10 scoots '82 GL500I, '78 RM400, 1986 GL1200A, '94&'96 DR350E, '03 650 VStar
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very nice (for it's age), GL500. It is the darker brown color. I have both the larger, and small top box. I have the full two passenger seat, and the driver only, which is req. to use the larger top box, as it mounts where a passenger would sit. It has a little over 23k miles on it. I was going down freeway, ran over some piece of metal. Front wheel picked it up, threw it into frame strut under engine. It levered under bike, between frame and road surface. This penetrated the frame member, which flexed enough as the bike was levered off road way that it broke/cracked engine cases. This lost the oil, though it oddly looked like a small mount for the entire case. I got stopped in a couple hundred feet, so the oil loss should not have damaged any componants req, lubrication. If anyone would like to make a project out of this, contact me with an offer. I really cannot afford to repair it.
Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Gl500i 83 CX650E
2,091 Posts
Where in the states are you ,got a spare motor that needs a stator , and a bike(home) to go into.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Very good you didn’t crash, sounds like a severe event. 👍

·
Registered
I have Presently, 10 scoots '82 GL500I, '78 RM400, 1986 GL1200A, '94&'96 DR350E, '03 650 VStar
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to get a sweet deal on new engine cases, or engine, if anyone seeing the post has one to sell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts