Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I have not been really active on the CX500 forum, many of you may know me as one of the moderators on NGWClub (aka nakedgoldwings).
I have a low mileage 1982 GL500 for sale. It includes the rear seat/backrest as well as the rear box. I am including a like new front fender as the one on the bike is slightly tweaked. There is some crackling on the tank paint, otherwise the paint is very good. I am also including powder coated valve covers and clutch cover. We bought this bike for our daughter and she be going over seas as she works for the state department. It is located near Blacksburg, VA. Asking $1700. Best way to reach me is through my email [email protected]
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Vehicle brake
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer Motorcycle
Luggage and bags Musical instrument accessory Bag Gas Electric blue
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Rim Font Auto part Circle Audio equipment
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille Bumper
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Vehicle brake
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer Motorcycle
Luggage and bags Musical instrument accessory Bag Gas Electric blue
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Rim Font Auto part Circle Audio equipment
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille Bumper

·
Registered
1982 GL500
10 Posts
Any chance you’d sell that passenger seat with backrest? I’ve been searching for any kind of backrest wit a rack. My bike is same color as that!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for $1700 you can have the back rest and I will include the bike. I would be willing to sell the powder coat pieces separate, but otherwise I am not parting out this bike.

• Haha
Reactions: D-Fresh

·
Registered
1982 GL500
10 Posts
for $1700 you can have the back rest and I will include the bike. I would be willing to sell the powder coat pieces separate, but otherwise I am not parting out this bike.
Well it was worth a shot, but I understand. My seat is in great shape just dont have that darn back rest !

·
Registered
20 Posts
How would it ride at interstate speeds. I'm on I-30 in Fort Worth, Texas, 1100 miles west of you. Would 10 hours at 70-75 be doable? Have regretted selling my 1980 since I let it go.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
How would it ride at interstate speeds. I'm on I-30 in Fort Worth, Texas, 1100 miles west of you. Would 10 hours at 70-75 be doable? Have regretted selling my 1980 since I let it go.
A steady 75 is very doable with these bikes. I have held mine at 80 for long stretches down in NM and it did fine. I felt like I was maybe pushing it too hard staying between 80 and 85 but the bike just kept going and never complained. Just took mine for a ride tonight and the dang thing just always goes without complaint.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
The bike would do it okay, (assuming it is in good mechanical condition) but you might die of boredom.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still have the almost new fender, the rear seat/back rest, powder coated head covers and clutch cover, as well as assorted OEM gaskets. I am willing to bet that shipping the fender or the back seat will not be cheap. Make me some offers!

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,484 Posts
Fenders are fairly light, so it shouldn't be terrible. I sent someone the heavier chrome fender last fall and it was, I think, about $45.
The seat is heavier, of course, but if you unbolt the backrest to fit a smaller box, you might see a little savings.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fenders are fairly light, so it shouldn't be terrible. I sent someone the heavier chrome fender last fall and it was, I think, about $45.
The seat is heavier, of course, but if you unbolt the backrest to fit a smaller box, you might see a little savings.
i was truly shocked the last time I shipped anything. So that is about right I am thinking it is at least in the $50 range for anything that big or heavy. The covers would only run about 15 or so.... but even a big envelope with the gaskets would be around 5-7

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gaskets are the following:

#1 19217-611-000 I think it is the mechanical seal for the water pump
#2 18392-mk4-000 muffler gaskets
#2 91254-434-003 fork dust covers
#2 91255-kbh-003 fork seals
#1 11396-415-000 water pump cover o-ring
#2 12328-415-000 head cover gaskets
#2 90544-283-000 fork copper crush washers
#1 24781-449-000 shifter rubber

these go as a whole batch. Look up the price from bike bandit, so do not lowball me I do not want what bike bandit wants, but I do want a fair offer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
having no serious offers it is all going up on ebay. I am asking 200 for the rear seat and ebay estimates shipping at ~49. askin 125 for the head covers and 100 for the clutch cover and on those I will pay shipping. I also will be listing a two tone wineberry small back box and the fender.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts