Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am looking to do a conversion of my original mono shock to a different better looking/ better performing shock and I wanted to know if there were any suggesting of mono shocks from other bikes that would convert over to the Gl500 relatively easily, i.e. require no welding. I know some companies make custom shocks for the Gl500 although I don't want to spend that much money on them (Canadian dollar is WEAK). Im also looking to lower the stance of the bike and want to lower the rear shock, how do I figure out the angle at which the shaft drive would not work (I'm not looking to lower it that much), lol sorry I'm so out of my own league right now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Rebuild the stock shock using the seal found at cbxperformance.com
I rebuilt mine and I think it handles quite nicely, very stable and planted and keeps the rear end down in the twisties all day.
try a $30 rebuild first? Plus rebuild your ProLink suspension linkage, put new fork oil, and it'll handle smooooooooth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.