Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I am new to the Honda motorcycle community. I am thinking of picking up a cx500 for my first motorcycle, I have been riding Vespa's for a while now. Anyways, my question is, I found a 1982 cx500 on Craigslist. Unfortunately the seller does not have any photos and does not know to much about the bike. Was curious if fuel tanks on the deluxe and custom were compatible. I like the look of the cx500 deluxe gas tank. If the bike is the cx500 custom, would I be able to swap the cx500 deluxe tank without to much trouble?

Thanks

-Marco

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.

So the custom and deluxe were both made in 1982? Also anything to look for specifically on these bikes? The bike I am going to go look at apparently is need of "restoration". The man I spoke to on the phone said it ran two years ago, he hasn't started it since. So I am pretty sure the carburetors are full of gunk and the fuel in the tank is terrible. I am really hoping it is the deluxe model. I am looking for mini project, something to play with after work and school. Does the bike have an electric start and kick start?

Thanks

-Marco

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
no kick start on these bikes but they are very fun to ride i have to agree with charles on the 82 is the better bike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts