Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
A few months back I put together a series of posters to put up on the wall of my workshop to help me understand what I was getting into, and feel more prepared in general. It took me probably 6-8 hours actually to find all the components in exploded view, and position them with like parts on as few pages as possible.

I've mostly kept it hidden in a google drive folder, but I have a feeling this would be quite useful to others as well. There were some images ripped from a few online retailers whos watermarked logos remain, but since they ripped them from a honda schematic somewhere, I figure it's fair game.
I hope this helps you as much as it helps me. Really helps things look a lot less daunting (especially having never touched an engine before purchasing this beast).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwklV1U1UL1eM3BWd25ORU43bU0/edit?usp=sharing

:cool: And, if by off chance you feel inspired enough to thank me with a tip, here's my bitcoin address:
1haCwQXGNUundkiDdfXfGM4LeeAcdEykY

---
Mod note--Link Broken, contact ramprat06 with correct link web address and I will fix it, if possible.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Newp! Totally unsure. That said, I didn't have to pay to access the schematics, and I'm not requesting payment for them either. They're freely available online - I simply made it easier to look at all at once.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
At minimum You have to ask the designer of these schematics.

Here in Germany we have a Mafia of lawyers who send adhortatory letters.
These F/$%§/ing lawyers send with her letters a bill You have to pay. ...or You go with another lawyer into the court house.

In our forum we had a very private list with 50 members. It's (it was) a emergency list, for those CX/GL-riders to find a person which can help, when a rider needs help when he is on journey in Germany. One anonymous person made this list public on facebook. One of these F/$%§/ing lawyes saw this and send an invoice for more then 15.000 Euro to adress of the list administrator.
These lawyers are like a disease, plague, AIDS and gonorrhea all at the same time.

But I think our german laws for these things (copyright etc.) are different from Yours in USA.... I don't know it.

They're freely available online - I simply made it easier to look at all at once.
Freely avaiable from official firms. I think they have an arangement with Honda to do this.
I like Your way to make it easier for the CX riders, ......but .... see above....:(

Make sure that You don't get troubles.

Gruesse
WolFgang

·
Registered
88 Posts
At minimum You have to ask the designer of these schematics.

Here in Germany we have a Mafia of lawyers who send adhortatory letters.
These F/$%§/ing lawyers send with her letters a bill You have to pay. ...or You go with another lawyer into the court house.

In our forum we had a very private list with 50 members. It's (it was) a emergency list, for those CX/GL-riders to find a person which can help, when a rider needs help when he is on journey in Germany. One anonymous person made this list public on facebook. One of these F/$%§/ing lawyes saw this and send an invoice for more then 15.000 Euro to adress of the list administrator.
These lawyers are like a disease, plague, AIDS and gonorrhea all at the same time.

But I think our german laws for these things (copyright etc.) are different from Yours in USA.... I don't know it.

Freely avaiable from official firms. I think they have an arangement with Honda to do this.
I like Your way to make it easier for the CX riders, ......but .... see above....:(

Make sure that You don't get troubles.

Gruesse
WolFgang
Gruesse Dich, Wolfgang,
Wie Gehts?
After 30 years doesn't it become public domain?
Danke, Tscusse.
-Johannes

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello Johannes

That's a very good idea to research in the american laws if this 30 years can be verified.

Du bist ein Ex-Deutscher ?
Oder warst Du soldier in Deutschland ?

Tschuess W:)lFgang

Gruss Dich,
I believe it is German law; pass 30 years it becomes public domain. I could be wrong, though.
Also, if they made a Japanese copyright it may or may not apply in Germany based on Germany's acceptance of international copyrights.

Nein, meing Oma und Opa kommen aus Udenhausen, Westfalia. Mein uropa war Amish/Wiedertaufer.
Wachsen in Deutschland Sie getan haben?

Gruss Dich, Tschusse!
Johannes

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not sure when this website first appeared, but you can find the specific exploded views here for various sections as well. I like this because I can just use my phone while I'm in the garage. Also if you need specific hardware, you can see what the sizes/names are.

1979 Honda CX500C A OEM Parts, Babbitts Honda Partshouse

Reactions: Ironnike

·
Registered
3,804 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,305 Posts
The drawings are on the website of any Honda motorcycle dealer in North America. And in the FSM that we distribute for free, even though technically Honda owns the copyright.

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
I wonder how you become one of those F$%*$&%(ing lawyers, and what kind of salary they pull?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I tried to read about it and still have absolutely no idea what a bitcoin is

Great work on the schematics though. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
I hope this helps you as much as it helps me. Really helps things look a lot less daunting (especially having never touched an engine before purchasing this beast).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwklV1U1UL1eM3BWd25ORU43bU0/edit?usp=sharing

:cool: And, if by off chance you feel inspired enough to thank me with a tip, here's my bitcoin address:
1haCwQXGNUundkiDdfXfGM4LeeAcdEykY

---
Mod note--Link Broken, contact ramprat06 with correct link web address and I will fix it, if possible.[/QUOTE

Just noticed this error today and need OP to help me fix it. I need the correct web address for your ".....savoie........" you had tagging in your original post.

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,069 Posts
More thread necromancy!
Wdizo, be leery of the Recommended Reading. Most of the suggested threads are years old.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.