Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
A few months back I put together a series of posters to put up on the wall of my workshop to help me understand what I was getting into, and feel more prepared in general. It took me probably 6-8 hours actually to find all the components in exploded view, and position them with like parts on as few pages as possible.

I've mostly kept it hidden in a google drive folder, but I have a feeling this would be quite useful to others as well. There were some images ripped from a few online retailers whos watermarked logos remain, but since they ripped them from a honda schematic somewhere, I figure it's fair game.
I hope this helps you as much as it helps me. Really helps things look a lot less daunting (especially having never touched an engine before purchasing this beast).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwklV1U1UL1eM3BWd25ORU43bU0/edit?usp=sharing

:cool: And, if by off chance you feel inspired enough to thank me with a tip, here's my bitcoin address:
1haCwQXGNUundkiDdfXfGM4LeeAcdEykY

---
Mod note--Link Broken, contact ramprat06 with correct link web address and I will fix it, if possible.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Newp! Totally unsure. That said, I didn't have to pay to access the schematics, and I'm not requesting payment for them either. They're freely available online - I simply made it easier to look at all at once.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
At minimum You have to ask the designer of these schematics.

Here in Germany we have a Mafia of lawyers who send adhortatory letters.
These F/$%§/ing lawyers send with her letters a bill You have to pay. ...or You go with another lawyer into the court house.

In our forum we had a very private list with 50 members. It's (it was) a emergency list, for those CX/GL-riders to find a person which can help, when a rider needs help when he is on journey in Germany. One anonymous person made this list public on facebook. One of these F/$%§/ing lawyes saw this and send an invoice for more then 15.000 Euro to adress of the list administrator.
These lawyers are like a disease, plague, AIDS and gonorrhea all at the same time.

But I think our german laws for these things (copyright etc.) are different from Yours in USA.... I don't know it.

They're freely available online - I simply made it easier to look at all at once.
Freely avaiable from official firms. I think they have an arangement with Honda to do this.
I like Your way to make it easier for the CX riders, ......but .... see above....:(

Make sure that You don't get troubles.

Gruesse
WolFgang

·
Registered
88 Posts
At minimum You have to ask the designer of these schematics.

Here in Germany we have a Mafia of lawyers who send adhortatory letters.
These F/$%§/ing lawyers send with her letters a bill You have to pay. ...or You go with another lawyer into the court house.

In our forum we had a very private list with 50 members. It's (it was) a emergency list, for those CX/GL-riders to find a person which can help, when a rider needs help when he is on journey in Germany. One anonymous person made this list public on facebook. One of these F/$%§/ing lawyes saw this and send an invoice for more then 15.000 Euro to adress of the list administrator.
These lawyers are like a disease, plague, AIDS and gonorrhea all at the same time.

But I think our german laws for these things (copyright etc.) are different from Yours in USA.... I don't know it.

Freely avaiable from official firms. I think they have an arangement with Honda to do this.
I like Your way to make it easier for the CX riders, ......but .... see above....:(

Make sure that You don't get troubles.

Gruesse
WolFgang
Gruesse Dich, Wolfgang,
Wie Gehts?
After 30 years doesn't it become public domain?
Danke, Tscusse.
-Johannes

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello Johannes

That's a very good idea to research in the american laws if this 30 years can be verified.

Du bist ein Ex-Deutscher ?
Oder warst Du soldier in Deutschland ?

Tschuess W:)lFgang

Gruss Dich,
I believe it is German law; pass 30 years it becomes public domain. I could be wrong, though.
Also, if they made a Japanese copyright it may or may not apply in Germany based on Germany's acceptance of international copyrights.

Nein, meing Oma und Opa kommen aus Udenhausen, Westfalia. Mein uropa war Amish/Wiedertaufer.
Wachsen in Deutschland Sie getan haben?

Gruss Dich, Tschusse!
Johannes

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not sure when this website first appeared, but you can find the specific exploded views here for various sections as well. I like this because I can just use my phone while I'm in the garage. Also if you need specific hardware, you can see what the sizes/names are.

1979 Honda CX500C A OEM Parts, Babbitts Honda Partshouse

Reactions: Ironnike

·
Registered
3,804 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,453 Posts
I wonder how you become one of those F$%*$&%(ing lawyers, and what kind of salary they pull?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I tried to read about it and still have absolutely no idea what a bitcoin is

Great work on the schematics though. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,453 Posts
I hope this helps you as much as it helps me. Really helps things look a lot less daunting (especially having never touched an engine before purchasing this beast).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwklV1U1UL1eM3BWd25ORU43bU0/edit?usp=sharing

:cool: And, if by off chance you feel inspired enough to thank me with a tip, here's my bitcoin address:
1haCwQXGNUundkiDdfXfGM4LeeAcdEykY

---
Mod note--Link Broken, contact ramprat06 with correct link web address and I will fix it, if possible.[/QUOTE

Just noticed this error today and need OP to help me fix it. I need the correct web address for your ".....savoie........" you had tagging in your original post.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts