Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1982 CX500 Custom. I bought this bike to build into a little Cafe Racer but I'm new to modifying bikes. My first line of work for the bike is the tank. I want to get a tank closer to the CX500 Deluxe tank (a bit more boxier), but I was wondering what other tanks are out there that would/could be fitted onto this bike. I've gone through this forum and couldn't find any other tanks besides the Deluxe and the GL that people have put on a Custom.

Has anybody done any tank swaps on a CX500 Custom bike, and with what tank?

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
You said you want something closer to the deluxe tank, why not a deluxe tank? It goes on with very little effort.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bluedirtrider, thanks for the links. I actually already had the first one from dime city cycles, but not the second. I appreciate it!

Misenhei, I am currently looking for a clean deluxe tank but they typically sell pretty quickly. So I'm trying to keep options open to tanks that fit without an extensive amount of work, so I don't have it off the road too long. It's my only bike, currently, so I'm trying to get all the parts together first before I tear it down and rebuild it.

Appreciate the help and info.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I hear ya; it took me months to find a standard tank that didn't look like it fell of a truck AND not get outbid on. Keep an eye out and good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts