Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1981 GL500 Part Out!

2K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  Kitsch 
#1 ·
I have an 81' model year GL500 that I am currently parting out before heading to the scrapper. Near full ignition system, whole engine, front/rear end parts, and more are available. If you are looking for a specific part, message me and I'll see if I can help you out.

Thanks, Cam

SOLD
Radiator cowling/fan
Gauges
Tach Cable
Throttle Cables
Front Rotor & Caliper Bracket
Seat assembly

#2 ·
Do you have a gear shift lever that isn't bent? Please send photo. Shipping to 23320 zip.

#7 ·
You sold a part to decolvin but more than 2 weeks after you acknowledged his payment you haven't sent him the tracking number. Please get in touch with him ASAP before I have to do more than send a friendly reminder.

#10 ·
I would be interested in seeing those texts, as well, Zackk. If you don't mind.
Dan

#19 ·
This might just be a case of life getting a little overwhelming. It happens.

#22 ·
Nope. Don't understand why someone that joined 2 weeks ago and I've never even talked to is calling me a scam artist. Need him to tell me the phone number that "scammed" him

Reactions: CXPHREAK
#26 ·
He sent me the text messages he exchanged with the person who contacted him (& I shared them with CXphreak) as well as a written description of his phone communication with them. There are enough differences between the grammar in the texts and in your posts on the forum to raise a reasonable doubt that they came from you.

Zackk, how did the person you texted with & spoke to contact you?

#27 ·
Hey y’all, heres what I think happened.
I replied to this post asking for a rear lower shock assembly. In another post, selling my parts, I listed my phone number. I was contacted by some scammer claiming to be Cameronf03 via txt. There were lots of red flags and when I requested proof, the scammer stopped contacting me. I assumed the scammer was who he said he was.

Bottom line: I think this was my fault for listing my phone number on a forum that can be seen by the public. When someone else claimed to have ordered something from the same post I had issues from and didn’t receive it, I made more assumptions and called Cameronf03 a scam-artist as a warning to others.

I apologize to all involved, sorry brother. I truly thought I was helping.

#28 ·
Thanks for clarifying that. It sounds like this scammer really did his homework, posing as someone who you you had asked about the parts on the forum.

Just so you know for next time, don't post your phone number or street address on the open forum. If you need to give that information to anyone you can use a private conversation so that scammers can't see it.

#29 ·
Cameron, i received the shift lever yesterday. It has been cleaned and installed already. Based on our original messaging, I did think that it was going to arrive much sooner, and when I received no responses to further emails that I sent, I began to to think that I'd been duped by the same guy Zackk's been talking about. I did send a message to Bob at that time. All could have been avoided with better communication. Thanks for restoring my confidence in the members of our community (with some degree of caution, of course).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.