Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale, 1981 Honda GL500 Cafe Racer color White - Perfect Winter project... I started doing this project but can not finish it. I have installed filter pods and re-jetted the carburetor, installed mufflers, repaired the fuel petcock valve, installed mirrors, turn signals... Has new odometer and tachometer cables. Right now it has a problem I have not been able to resolve which is coolant mixing with oil in the motor. Doing research in this forum found it could be a head gasket or the mechanical seal and oil seal. Changed the water pump mechanical seal but the problem persists, maybe I did not do it right and has to be re-done. The motorcycle starts and runs just fine, but this problem has to be fixed before you can continue to use it. I have attached a picture for reference of how I wanted the motorcycle to look. I can provide all manuals if needed. It is up for SALE AS IS.

The motorcycle is located in Chicago, IL. I have clean title for it.

I am asking $1000 for it

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Fuel tank Car
Vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Fuel tank
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.