Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm new to the forum. I've been snooping around for a bit though and love some of your guys's work!

I just picked up a cx500c and am looking to replace the controls. Throttle assembly, front brake and master cylinder, clutch lever assembly, starter/kill switch, lights/turn signal, choke cable, push and pull throttle cables, and clutch cable. The controls are pretty deteriorated from sitting in the sun. The master cylinder looks as though it will start leaking soon. The throttle is sticky. Where ever you rev to, it wants to stay there.

I have an Amazon wishlist started: Amazon.com: Spencer: CX500C

If anyone has advice on good deals and/or notices that I have picked out something that isn't going to work, I'd love the help!

Heres a pic of what I hope to make my daily rider :D

Photo07311239_1.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been continuing the search for new controls and came across this: 03 Honda CBR 600 RR Forks | eBay. Excluding shipping it's only $100 more than I was wanting to spend on just controls.

I saw a build on this forum that use the frontend from a '08 CBR600. My fork need rebuilt anyway so, I figure this would even out in the long run.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
But those forks are missing the axle, wheel, rotors, and top tree.......so you are going to spend way more

new fork seals are $20, cables are around $40 (throttle and clutch), fork oil is $15.......the rest is you just servicing everything. Oh, and a new master can range from $40 to $200 depending on what you want from it. So you can do it on the less expensive end and have a ride right now that functions properly OR spend lots of $$ to get that CBR front end to work.
If it were me I would service it all in a day and ride until the summer is over then PLAN my bike build and what I want it to do, then start collecting the things I need and build over the winter to have it ready for the spring

Just sayin

Reactions: Infinite

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just started doing business with David Silver Spares. They have a US warehouse now. :D
The master cylinder (that I just bought) doesn't show up if you search by CX500. Here's the link.

Reactions: Infinite
1 - 5 of 5 Posts