Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Good morning,so your are saying even if i have exhaust coming from the right pipe as I do from left,the bike will idle and excell.I will remove carbs and check the float level make sure 15.5 mm thank you so much,mike

Yes.You are still getting some combustion but not the correct combustion.When they are correct both sides will have equal temperature and if you carefully place your palm at the back of each one when running so and not to burn yourself you should feel the same amount of exhaust gas being pushed against your hand at the same temperature.

Don't be concerned about the two sides sounding slightly different even when correct.This is a by-product of the unusual engine and exhaust design which is more complicated than people may think

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
The Air-box and filter are an integral part of the carburation system not only allowing the correct vacuum velocity at the Carburettor intakes but also balancing it.It is also part of the engine blow-back oil pressure release system recycling some of that.

I clean my air box assembly out if crudded up using boiling kettles of water after 1st mashing some washing up liquid around in there with a nylon dish washer brush with the drain plugs out of the overflow pipes until all clear.Then dry out with some loo roll.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.